Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 11-2007-126 (Simple Hooded Jacket)

Reviewed by:jaeng

About jaengstar
NJ USA
Member since: 3/8/06
Posted on:3/28/08 5:44 PM
Last Updated:3/29/08 6:19 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
Erin Marmoset said... (4/2/08 1:47 AM) Reply
I love the line of the hood. The whole thing is beautiful, but I'm in LOOOVE with the hood! Thanks for the review!
MelissaB in WA said... (3/30/08 10:04 PM) Reply
Cool jacket!
Catbird said... (3/30/08 7:33 PM) Reply
I agree with lillydee -- you should publish your own designs! Always inspiring, unusual and chic. I look forward to your next posting. Thank you!
meli88a said... (3/30/08 9:09 AM) Reply
Wow, you are so creative! I love your additions to the pattern. This is a beautiful jacket, great choice of fabric and very well executed.
Maychi said... (3/30/08 3:06 AM) Reply
Great interpretation of the pattern.
Athene said... (3/29/08 11:44 PM) Reply
Your interpretation of the pattern is so interesting and attractive - I really like it.
jaeng said... (3/29/08 10:28 PM) Reply
Next week I will make a how to on changing the design/pattern, I will post the how to at burdastyle and I will drop a link here.
pterion said... (3/29/08 9:36 PM) Reply
Gorgeous and very chic. You are very talented.
nancy2001 said... (3/29/08 8:16 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket.
CShelley said... (3/29/08 8:02 PM) Reply
Brilliant! Thanks so much for sharing.
lillydee said... (3/29/08 7:19 PM) Reply
Maybe you should start publishing your own designs.....I'd love to see how you changed the BWOF version t make the new front and shoulder line!
Mahogany Stylist said... (3/29/08 6:58 PM) Reply
Love the combination of the jacket and the obi belt. You created a very unique look.
jaeng said... (3/29/08 6:32 PM) Reply

jaeng said... (3/29/08 6:21 PM) Reply
Simpleliving, I just add the link of how to make an obi belt. It's a seperated piece, not sewn into the jacket.
simpleliving said... (3/29/08 5:49 PM) Reply
Great job! I love the belt. Is it a separate piece or is it sewn to the jacket?
jaeng said... (3/29/08 5:33 PM) Reply
Hello, thank you so much for very nice compliments. I am into minimal seam projects right now. Everytimes I look at the patterns, I always think about eliminating seams/ combind seams. This pattern (burda 11/2007/126) is perfect for making bath robe, don't you think?
JudiBee2 said... (3/29/08 4:26 PM) Reply
Very beautiful. Good to know that seams can be eliminated. That is a new one on me.
lcavagnolo said... (3/29/08 3:33 PM) Reply
I love your interpretation of this pattern and the Naomi top, JJ! I, too, did a double take after I realized that I own the November issue and your jacket looks way better! :)
Sewingmi said... (3/29/08 11:24 AM) Reply
That is really gorgeous and original! I love it!
So So said... (3/29/08 9:01 AM) Reply
WOW! I have just had another look at 11/07. Thought i had missed something! youhave created a fabulous jacket form this pattern. I am now off to look at your other reviews.
Beek said... (3/29/08 8:52 AM) Reply
Great jacket! Looks like a designer garment! Nice job!
anetJay said... (3/29/08 6:39 AM) Reply
LOVE IT !!!
Tez said... (3/29/08 3:27 AM) Reply
I am always inspired by your work. This jacket is lovely.
Karen6790 said... (3/28/08 10:17 PM) Reply
I was thinking about making the original jacket from the 11/2007 issue, now I'm reconsidering. This is gorgeous and I absolutely love that it started otu as a duvet cover. Stylish recycling!
EnglishDaffodil said... (3/28/08 9:14 PM) Reply
Droooool, I am drooooling over your gorgeous jacket! It looks so well-made, and your alterations suit the style perfectly. Well done!
Sew4Fun said... (3/28/08 8:39 PM) Reply
What an interesting jacket! I like the design changes you made. It looks nothing like any duvet cover I've ever seen. :)
nellc said... (3/28/08 8:18 PM) Reply
What a stylish jacket, I love the changes you have made to the original design.
Em's Summer said... (3/28/08 8:16 PM) Reply
WOW! WOW! WOW!!! This is absolutely tres chic! It looks so upscale! I just love this!
hongkongshopper said... (3/28/08 7:30 PM) Reply
This is gorgeous. Clever girl!
Elemenopeo said... (3/28/08 6:17 PM) Reply
Inspired. Love it.
lilyofthevalley said... (3/28/08 6:10 PM) Reply
Jaeng, this is just a stunning piece of work! Despite the minimum of seams, the jacket has shape and curve at all the right places. The microsuede is perfect; and I love the single button at bust level. Sleek, sophisticated and definitely Asian inspired. Quite a beauty! -Lily
mylittleelephant said... (3/28/08 6:07 PM) Reply
Hey this is COOL! I have been interested in this pattern for ages but not sure how it works on me and fabrics etc., so still haven't done it, love your version with obi belt, thanks for the review!
KathleenS said... (3/28/08 5:50 PM) Reply
It looks great from here - I can't enlarge your picture, probably because I got here while you're still working on it :-)

Truly Victorian TV261

by: sezza899

Petite Plus Patterns Walking Jacket

Petite Plus Patterns Walking Jacket

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)