Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5522 (Misses' princess seamed shirts)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

Posted on:3/30/08 8:57 PM
Last Updated:3/30/08 8:57 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 7 people    Very Helpful by 19 people

fuzzygalore said... (4/2/08 2:08 AM) Reply
Woa, I almost didn't recognize you in that 'muted' print :-). But I guess the sleeves take the place of the print here. Which is fine, please don't get discouraged about them, they're really smashing, I think they're going to grow on you in a couple compliment-laden wearings. You picked the perfect fabric for this pattern, large droopy sleeves are just a little sad, you need that crispness. Another winner :-).
Athene said... (4/1/08 3:22 AM) Reply
Lovely print and lovely fit.
Membear said... (3/31/08 8:23 PM) Reply
this is amazing I made the same top with the smae fabric but in a salmon pink. I love it . I think the sleeve billow is because the fabric does have a bit of crispness to it and the Escada one you like is made of what looks like silk charmeuse. Very drapy . My blouse didnt have the ruffles . I always worry that I will over emphasize my boobs with a ruffle. You did a great job.
Riordan said... (3/31/08 6:52 PM) Reply
Your blouse is lovely--looks wonderful on you! Thanks for the helpful review!
ryan's mom said... (3/31/08 1:36 PM) Reply
This is Oh-So-Pretty! And the yellow looks terrific on you too. Adding that pattern to my wish list now :) ...
Beek said... (3/31/08 11:55 AM) Reply
Darling! And I love that color on you. Not many can wear yellow and look so good. Nice blouse!
ITAdmin said... (3/31/08 11:04 AM) Reply
Really very cute in that fabric. You did a good job, and I think it's very flattering.
Sew Confused said... (3/31/08 10:42 AM) Reply
Pretty blouse and great review.
Stephenie said... (3/31/08 10:20 AM) Reply
This looks great on you! Thanks for a very informative review!!
KrystalL said... (3/31/08 8:27 AM) Reply
I've made this blouse in a black cotton, and I'm trying to finish a blue crepe one for the contest. I found the whole project, especially ths sleeves, to be very time-consuming with all of the slip stitching. Your's looks really nice. Thanks for this thorough review.
Nancy K said... (3/31/08 7:56 AM) Reply
This is just gorgeous! A perfect marriage of pattern and fabric.
MissCelie said... (3/31/08 7:05 AM) Reply
McCall me Mellow Yellow is about the funniest thing I've seen in a month!
Danvillegirl said... (3/31/08 6:53 AM) Reply
Very pretty blouse.
Karen8320 said... (3/31/08 6:33 AM) Reply
Heatherrique, you look gorgeous! This is a lovely style of shirt and the fabric suits it perfectly. I agree with Debbie Cook that this style is very, very flattering on you. The ruffles give it such a beautiful, feminine touch. Great work!
sewsewboy said... (3/31/08 0:42 AM) Reply
Your blouse is very trendy and current.It's in a color that is everywhere and with details that many retailers are pushing.GAP had a fulled shirt and charged close to $50.00.It may just be a styling issue.Try taming all of the electric yellow with a little menswear vest and layer a tank or cami under the shirt and open up a couple more buttons.This way it breaks up all of the color.Hope that helps.
Debbie Cook said... (3/31/08 0:05 AM) Reply
Very pretty blouse. I think the empire style is very flattering to you, and the fabric is so fun. I'll be sure to check your review again when I finally get to this pattern in my neverending list.
michellep74 said... (3/31/08 0:01 AM) Reply
Love your blouse. The fabric is gorgeous and the yellow color looks great on you!
lilyofthevalley said... (3/30/08 11:19 PM) Reply
Louella, your wonderful yellow blouse is utterly charming. You've chosen a bright and elegant fabric, gotten an excellent fit, and professionally constructed it. I just love the ruffles; in the bright yellow, they're so feminine and flirty. I think it would be impossible to be unhappy in this marvelous blouse. -Lily
JMarie1962 said... (3/30/08 11:07 PM) Reply
This is really pretty on you and the fabric is lovely too. I recently made this blouse without ruffles in a beige stretch cotton (boring) from stash. I like yours much better and it inspires me to try it again in a print WITH the ruffles. Great review.
Sew4Fun said... (3/30/08 11:07 PM) Reply
Pretty blouse, but now I can't get the Mellow Yellow tune out of my head. LOL!
jlg said... (3/30/08 10:59 PM) Reply
Lovely blouse. You look great in it.
Annette1 said... (3/30/08 10:56 PM) Reply
I really like your fun choice of fabric. It turns what could be a rather formal tuxedo style blouse into a bright and cheerful summer top, ready for an afternoon in the sun. You look so PRETTY in it, too, just like somebody you could walk right up to and start carrying on a conversation. :o) Love it!
Em's Summer said... (3/30/08 10:38 PM) Reply
I LOVE this! You look great in that top!!! I used this pattern for the fitted blouse contest, too.
annie11 said... (3/30/08 10:33 PM) Reply
Love it! Beautiful fabric and a beautiful job putting all those pieces together.
EveS said... (3/30/08 10:18 PM) Reply
You CA girls have sunshine year round and now you're just adding salt to the wound!! You're WEARING your sunshine!! What a great color on you! Love it...very "now"!!!
CA Eisenhour said... (3/30/08 9:50 PM) Reply
Wow! Beautiful blouse..Love those ruffles too. Beautiful workmanship and great review! Gotta love that title for your blouse...and E-lec-trical-banana....that's right..........LOL! You got me singin'!
Birgitte said... (3/30/08 9:47 PM) Reply
That color is superb on you! You did an excellent job on this, truly a beautiful blouse.
Peggy L said... (3/30/08 9:33 PM) Reply
Great blouse and gorgeous fabric. I love that you named it - so fitting!
CarolynGM said... (3/30/08 9:24 PM) Reply
Great blouse in a wonderful fabric. I have this pattern and would like to make it so I appreciate the details in the review.
MelissaB in WA said... (3/30/08 9:19 PM) Reply
Pretty blouse!
pterion said... (3/30/08 9:17 PM) Reply
I LOVE it! Fun fabric and a very snappy style - it is so "you"!
Robin Denning said... (3/30/08 9:11 PM) Reply
Wow I love this blouse on you! You are right, ruffles are in. Beautiful work.
The Technique of Underlining Garments