Pattern Reviews> Amy Butler> AB021WT (Weekender Travel Bag)

Reviewed by:laurelc

About laurelc
Member since: 5/16/07

Posted on:4/7/08 12:15 PM
Last Updated:4/7/08 12:53 PM

nancy2001 said... (3/4/09 2:53 PM) Reply
Brilliant idea about using Peltex, cutting away seam allowance and fusing it to fashion fabric. Great looking bag. I just bought this pattern. Thanks.
Stitchcakes said... (4/8/08 10:12 AM) Reply
Fantastic Looking!
laurelc said... (4/8/08 9:50 AM) Reply
Hi Ronda65, click on "more info from laurelc" and that takes you to my blog where you can see full size pictures. Thanks everyone else for the nice comments!
lilyofthevalley said... (4/8/08 9:31 AM) Reply
Excellent and thorough review, with many useful tips, for completing this handsome bag. As others have noted, it looks quite expensive. Impressive, Lily
Ronda Rae said... (4/8/08 8:20 AM) Reply
Wonderful. I'd love to see a closer view. I'm one of those who has made this bag and do have a second one half way finished. I started with the inside first. Now that I've moved to the outside I'm a bit intimidated about sewing through that Peltex. Thanks for the tip about the cutting on the Peltex. Maybe now I will finish mine that was started about a month ago. I also LOVE the d-ring idea for a removable strap. I think I will incorporate that idea, too. Again, I would love to see a closer view. I can only view the thumbnail pic.
Sigrid. said... (4/7/08 4:53 PM) Reply
Beautiful bag. I'm another one who has this pattern and was not brave enough yet to make it, because of all the trouble people were writing about. Thank you so much for this positive review. Trimming the seam allowance of the interfacing sounds so logical. Seeing your beautiful bag convinces me I have to try soon!
MissCelie said... (4/7/08 2:51 PM) Reply
I love the Weekender! I can't wait to tackle mine.
lcavagnolo said... (4/7/08 2:31 PM) Reply
This pattern has been gathering dust in my closet for a year now due to the reviews I've read -- thanks so much for the positive review!!! Your finished product looks fantastic!
Nancy Anne said... (4/7/08 2:04 PM) Reply
Wonderful bag! You've really got something special to use in a very practical way.
laurelc said... (4/7/08 2:03 PM) Reply
Thanks SO much for the nice comments, it means a lot!
a.me.s said... (4/7/08 1:56 PM) Reply
Aweosme job! I have this pattern but am intimidated by it after reading others reviews! Thank you so much for the tips :)
Annette1 said... (4/7/08 1:11 PM) Reply
VERY classy bag. I'm so impressed with your finished product! The fact that you can make this amazing bag, and it could EASILY pass for a $300 designer bag, is just mind boggling. I done been boggled! :o)
JMarie1962 said... (4/7/08 12:56 PM) Reply
Great bag AND review. I really want to make this bag and appreciate your comments about what tips you applied to making your bag. The exclusion of seam allowance on the stiff interfacing makes total sense. So much, I'm curious why the instructions wouldn't suggest this in the first place! Wonderful job on your bag!

All About Linings
All About Linings

SewBaby Sleeve Saver Smock Pattern

SewBaby Sleeve Saver Smock Pattern

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)