Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8491 (Very Easy Jacket and Dress)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

Last Updated:4/9/08 2:33 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Coat/Jacket

UmaPreve said... (4/23/11 11:10 AM) Reply
That is a lovely jacket!
Kellie R. said... (8/23/08 3:45 PM) Reply
Your jacket is great! What a fun print which works beautifully with this style. Great job!
Katharine in BXL said... (6/28/08 2:51 PM) Reply
It's an eye-catching style on you, and the collarless look opens up the neckline nicely. Thanks for such an informative review.
AuntieShel said... (5/12/08 3:49 PM) Reply
Your jacket is fabulous and looks wonderful on you. Love the fabric. I have my eye on this pattern for both dress and jacket and so thank you for reviewing. It's nice to know that the jacket is roomy, even when you went down a size. And I so hear you about the easy ratings. I have long thought that, "yes, it was easy, but took soooo long, needs another rating!"
CynthiaSue said... (4/10/08 6:08 PM) Reply
beautiful. very nice.
lilyofthevalley said... (4/10/08 12:52 PM) Reply
Louella, smashing black and white jacket! I wouldn't have given this pattern a second glance without you, and am looking thru my stash to see what would complement this pretty jacket. And big congratulations on your 100th review; that's impressive. Lovely, Lily
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (4/10/08 11:46 AM) Reply
Fabulous jacket, very informative review, thanks for heads up on Vogue discrepancies. Jacket turned out really nice.
cindy-lou said... (4/9/08 11:29 PM) Reply
You are still the Jacket Queen. Great Jacket! It was worth the time spent.
Modiste Madness said... (4/9/08 10:36 PM) Reply
Thanks for your extremely detailed review. They are the most beneficial for those that follow. Great fabric selection for the pattern and it looks good on you too!
Bonnie O said... (4/9/08 9:39 PM) Reply
What a cute jacket! Great job!
Em's Summer said... (4/9/08 9:34 PM) Reply
This looks soo chic! You look so pretty in this!
2BSewing said... (4/9/08 9:13 PM) Reply
Your jacket is fabulous! And I adore the black and white fabric. Great job!
Allie in Hong Kong said... (4/9/08 8:29 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket and fabric. I had not paid this pattern much attention before either. Shame I just missed the Vogue sale - ah well, next time!
LindsayT said... (4/9/08 8:02 PM) Reply
Yes, definitely, congrats on your 100th. That's an achievement, and I love the jacket!
Kiwi Girl said... (4/9/08 7:58 PM) Reply
Ohh I really like this on you. I agree with fuzzygalore and think the lapels and neckline look fabulous on you. Great fabric choice. Congrats on your 100th
Annette1 said... (4/9/08 7:54 PM) Reply
FANTASTIC jacket! I wouldn't even have been drawn to this pattern until I saw your version. :o) Black and white is such a classic, too. I wish they'd come up with a "time" rating, too. They could do it with dots, similar to those that Burda uses. You could have one dot for easy; two for average; three, advanced; four, couture. Then you could do the same for time, so each pattern would have two separate dot ratings. We're just full of big ideas, aren't we? Great review!
Birgitte said... (4/9/08 6:53 PM) Reply
Congratulations on both a smashing jacket and your 100th review! Amazing both!
ITAdmin said... (4/9/08 6:10 PM) Reply
Good review for a cute jacket from one of the new Vogues. I always like the names you give your photos. And I'm totally with you on those "very easy" patterns that take forever to finish.
fabeins said... (4/9/08 5:44 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. This was on my list, but maybe it will be a better fit for me 6 months further into my sewing career!
fuzzygalore said... (4/9/08 5:26 PM) Reply
I like the big lapels and collarless look on you. And you know how I always love your prints :-). Another winner!
Patti B said... (4/9/08 4:23 PM) Reply
Very helpful review. Lovely, stylish jacket that really suits you.
wvsher said... (4/9/08 3:34 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket! Thanks for the informative review.
CA Eisenhour said... (4/9/08 3:32 PM) Reply
WOW! the first thing that knocked me over are your gorgeous blue eyes!! Now for the jacket; Awesome fabric choice and as usual a fantastic piece of sewing work from you! I'm jealous...I never make anything for myself..maybe I should test the waters.
merry-one said... (4/9/08 3:31 PM) Reply
It looks great! You are quick. I just bought it on Saturday and it's still in the bag.
JMarie1962 said... (4/9/08 3:02 PM) Reply
I'm with Eve on your ability to take a so-so looking pattern cover and making it into something wonderful! I'm envious of your fabric options you always seem to have access to. Maybe I'll find more (better) fabric sources in Portland one of these days... sigh. They're probably here, but on "the other side" of town. :( Another great top and review by YOU! :)
Athene said... (4/9/08 2:58 PM) Reply
A very good looking jacket.
EveS said... (4/9/08 2:49 PM) Reply
You are so fabulous at turning sleeper patterns into to-die-for pieces!!! I doubt I would've noticed this pattern if not for your version. As always, I adore your fabric, too!
michellep74 said... (4/9/08 2:48 PM) Reply
Very cute jacket--I love the print! Thanks for the tips about sizing and the time factor!