Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Downloadable> 3197 (Lydia t-shirt)

Reviewed by:Christina Sonja

About Christina Sonjastarstarstarstar
WA USA
Member since: 7/2/06
Posted on:4/15/08 10:00 AM
Last Updated:4/15/08 10:02 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 7 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
tinaSA said... (10/7/09 4:22 PM) Reply
Thanks for mentioning that it is free on their website. I was going to buy this at the shop!
lilyofthevalley said... (4/17/08 0:07 AM) Reply
Christina, this is just a great looking shirt on you. Love the stripes, love the fit. Free pattern, $3/yard fabric. This is the best! Lovely, Lily
Barbara V said... (4/16/08 1:11 PM) Reply
Wonderful top, great fit! I will check out the free patterns from Burdastyle. Thanks!
lynda828 said... (4/16/08 6:34 AM) Reply
Thank you I wondered what the downloaded patterns might be like. Thanks to you I'll be brave enough to 'have a go' :)
ColorMeHome said... (4/16/08 0:40 AM) Reply
Very cute! Great fit as well!
Christina Sonja said... (4/16/08 0:30 AM) Reply
Leslie - For this shirt, I set my sleeves in flat (not in the round) which is how I usually deal with knits, stretching the armscye to fit the sleeve cap. I didn't have any sleeve issues for this shirt. Maybe you'll have better luck with a stretchier fabric?
Athene said... (4/15/08 10:17 PM) Reply
Good looking t-shirt - could be a great TNT for you.
CynthiaSue said... (4/15/08 9:57 PM) Reply
use up that stash girl! I love your stylin bangs BTW. oh yeah and the shirt is cute too:)
Leslie in NZ said... (4/15/08 9:56 PM) Reply
Very nice top. I am working with this pattern too. I have made it once, but my knit was not stretchy enough and its skin tight. I am going to use that for extra layering this winter...which is almost upon us in NZ. I found too much ease in the sleeve cap and have strange "peaks" where I don't want them. Did you have any sleeve fitting issues?
Peggy L said... (4/15/08 6:52 PM) Reply
Great basic tee. This has been in Burda's Start 2 lineup for quite a while. The facings were always "odd". I like your treatment much better.
Karen6790 said... (4/15/08 4:55 PM) Reply
Great basic - I can see making this over and over. I agree with your neck treatment. Facings on knits? I don't think so. Love the stripes!
Sigrid. said... (4/15/08 4:35 PM) Reply
Cute and comfortable. Great top.
loohoo44 said... (4/15/08 4:22 PM) Reply
love it! the fit is great, I see lots of sleeve/neckline variations in your future. :-)
fuzzygalore said... (4/15/08 4:15 PM) Reply
I don't get the facings in knits either, but whatever. We don't have to follow directions :-). This one certainly looks like it fits you nicely, isn't it nice to have a dependable comfy pattern? Comfy's everything..
mssewcrazy said... (4/15/08 2:59 PM) Reply
The t shirt is so very nice. I plan to do this one doing the neck with binding also. What a great looking t shirt.
Christina Sonja said... (4/15/08 1:26 PM) Reply
squirrellypoo - Sure, give me some time and I'll post some better pics of the neckline.
Luckylibbet said... (4/15/08 12:20 PM) Reply
That stripe is uber cute on you!
squirrellypoo said... (4/15/08 11:39 AM) Reply
Very nice. Can you explain the neckline finish for those of us without that Threads issue by any chance (or is it in here as a Tip already)? I downloaded Lydia, but only as a base for the Leg of Mutton shirt!

BurdaStyle Magazine 07-2007-119

by: Kayseri

Beginner Sewing Lab 101 - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford

Beginner Sewing Lab 101  - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)