Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8499 (Marcy Tilton)

Reviewed by:BillieJean

About BillieJeanstar
TX USA
Member since: 9/13/04
Posted on:4/12/08 5:51 AM
Last Updated:4/18/08 10:54 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

ryansmumAria said... (7/8/08 9:29 PM) Reply
I love these pants and see great potential for them but they need to be severly altered in the back as they add alot of weight. Every picture I have seen of this pattern is nice in the front and then the back are quite a surprise! Nice sewing!
Nancywin said... (5/26/08 1:18 PM) Reply
I just made these and I agree. THe back is the problem. The front fits perfectly. If I make them again, I will take 2" out of the back like you did. Thanks for t he review.
blue mooney said... (4/19/08 8:38 AM) Reply
Lovely casual pants! The photos on the pattern envelope are not inspiring, but yours look really good, as do the photos in the latest Vogue Patterns mag. I think I want this one now!
SewTwin said... (4/17/08 7:23 PM) Reply
You beat me to the review!I bought this pattern though DD disagreed on the fit!Now, I will watch the back fit craefully.Looks like my "very rounded derriere" may get covered, finally!Thanks for the needed tips!
Renee' S said... (4/15/08 10:30 PM) Reply
Your pants look fabulous. I think I could even fill out that back fashion "flair" :) I have 2 pieces of linen/rayon blend that I'm hoping will be perfect for this pattern. Stylish, summery, great looking, comfortable, sounds like a winner.
lilyofthevalley said... (4/14/08 5:33 PM) Reply
Comfy, stylish pants for the hot Summer ahead. I get a sense of the fullness you speak about by looking in your mirror but can't get a good view. Geneally, lovely pants, Lily
WhyNotSewIt said... (4/13/08 4:16 AM) Reply
Looks great on you! Just purchased the pattern so your review and fitting tip are much appreciated.
Athene said... (4/13/08 1:22 AM) Reply
Love the pants - thanks for the info about the big sizing on the back.
Leslie Bonner said... (4/12/08 7:43 PM) Reply
Pants look beautiful. I appreciate your review and will take it into account when I sew mine.
Peggy L said... (4/12/08 7:28 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review! Very helpful as I just got this pattern.
Luckylibbet said... (4/12/08 6:28 PM) Reply
They sure look comfy! And the fabric is beautiful for the style. Thanks for the heads-up on adjusting the back.
Sewliz said... (4/12/08 1:31 PM) Reply
The fabric is lovely for these pants! They could dress up or down with various jackets and tops. I'm glad you took all that extra room out, sounds huge. Now they look great on you!
Seaspur said... (4/12/08 12:48 PM) Reply
I think that they look great on you from the front especially! thanks for the warning about the excessive ease.
GollyGolly said... (4/12/08 11:49 AM) Reply
They look great and very comfy. They seem like the kind of pants that anyone might just want to live in this summer; vey cute!
Vintage Joan said... (4/12/08 9:45 AM) Reply
Very nice! I had never noticed this pattern before.
Noile said... (4/12/08 9:38 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I was suspicious about the back because of the fullness obvious in the photos on Marcy's website. When I make mine, I'll start with at least one size down and check the ease carefully.
Beek said... (4/12/08 8:28 AM) Reply
Very contemporary pair of pants. You look stylish and "in the moment."
CarolynGM said... (4/12/08 6:54 AM) Reply
These look really cute. I had completely passed over this pattern until I saw your review. Now I can see that it is a great summer look.

by: Erinaceous