Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1012 (Vogue DKNY)

Reviewed by:Michelle L

About Michelle Lstarstarstar
MO USA
Member since: 1/20/08
Posted on:4/13/08 1:26 PM

See other patterns in this category: Formalwear
Mikgirl said... (3/18/10 0:17 AM) Reply
Thank you for the review. It really helped, as I was debating to get this pattern... It looks so cute in the picture, but I see that it has no shape, and might not fit everybody.
AmyPinBender said... (7/17/08 7:52 PM) Reply
You did a great job! I made this dress and it was not very flattering for a large chested gal!! I looked like a flintstones character! I also agree with using slinky fabric. Even a medium jersey was way to bulky. Good thing there was plenty of fabric in this dress, I used it to make mccalls 5595 which turned out much better.
lilyofthevalley said... (4/14/08 10:37 PM) Reply
Well, you have certainly exposed this pattern - imagine, from an 18 to an 8; that's kind of ridiculous after all your work. How wonderful that a pregnant friend can use this pretty dress. She'll probably look wonderful in it, so all was not lost. Excellent review. Thank you for this. -Lily
Michelle L said... (4/13/08 2:23 PM) Reply
ETA: oops, duplicate post.
Michelle L said... (4/13/08 2:21 PM) Reply
Athene, I read your review on the Burda Tie Neck Blouse, and it sounds like you and I have a very similar body type...I imagine you may run into some of the same trouble that I did. Connie, your dress from the McCalls pattern turned out lovely, and that fabric is beautiful.
ConnieBJ said... (4/13/08 1:42 PM) Reply
That is unfortunate! I have the much the same McCalls pattern (5425)and quite liked the was it turned out- Differences in drafting I imagine.
Athene said... (4/13/08 1:30 PM) Reply
Thank you for the review. I have been curious about this pattern for quite some time - now I know it would not be suitable for me.

Stretch & Sew 312

by: sizzle4

Favorite Things Happy Feet Pattern

Favorite Things Happy Feet Pattern

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Other My Childhood Treasures