Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8414 (Very Easy Vogue)

Reviewed by:BillieJean

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Coat/Jacket

Sweater knit fabrics

SewTwin said... (4/18/08 3:10 AM) Reply
No wonder you got compliments, looks like a runway dress to me..I would have passed up the pattern, but both pieces look cool..Actually, the dress makes you look much younger...
lilyofthevalley said... (4/14/08 11:45 PM) Reply
Billie Jean, this is a smashing dress and so flattering on you. I too like the sleeve treatment. Although your silk was difficult to work with, it produced a classicly beautiful dress, and I hope you'll make more of these. Lovely, Lily
fryman said... (4/14/08 6:38 PM) Reply
The dress looks great on you. I also have problems with making the best fabric choice. Drape is always a feature I strongly consider. I'm looking forward to your next creation with this pattern
halleyscomet said... (4/14/08 3:19 PM) Reply
Very slimming on you; versatile pattern; Could dress it up with a scarf and I could see it with a jacket too.
nellc said... (4/14/08 2:25 PM) Reply
This is a very stylish dress with some nice design features that are easy to miss in the small drawing on the pattern envelope. It looks good on you and fits very well.
carolynw said... (4/14/08 8:42 AM) Reply
Love your dress - when I first looked at it I wondered where you had found the pattern - then saw it was under a dress in the Vogue drawing - I went right by it and so must now back track as that is something I seriously need in my stash - a nice and stylish and simple pattern for a dress - thank you!!
inkstain said... (4/14/08 7:49 AM) Reply
You've highlighted the pluses and minuses of this design excellently. If you can make the sleeve lining a "non-event" and line the whole dress, this is a winner pattern for it's versatility and elegance. I like the mitred corners that you used as an idea. If goldesdottar wants to see the LBD version, it's on my website/review worn by my daughter.
BillieJean said... (4/14/08 6:30 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the lovely comments. The jacket I'm making to go with it is New Look 6609.
Athene said... (4/14/08 1:25 AM) Reply
A very nice fit and a lovely look.
goldesdottar said... (4/13/08 10:52 PM) Reply
Love this dress...it has a little feeling of vintage styling, and is quite sleek. It would be an elegant LBD - or maybe a 'little navy blue dress".
cabinbaby said... (4/13/08 10:52 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. This is the second time I've seen this pattern pop up and I really like it. Your version looks great!
lcavagnolo said... (4/13/08 10:46 PM) Reply
I love this! Are you making the matching jacket, too?
K_sew said... (4/13/08 9:58 PM) Reply
Your new dress looks very nice on you...quite flattering

Sewing Workshop Balboa Shirt & Topper