Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8472 (Misses' Jacket and Dress)

Reviewed by:Barbara at Cat Fur Studio

Last Updated:4/14/08 7:03 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Coat/Jacket
jlg said... (11/8/08 6:04 PM) Reply
What a great, cute, unusual jacket. After seeing yours, I must have this pattern now.
cecelia said... (4/20/08 9:44 AM) Reply
What a nice pairing of pattern with fabric! It looks terrific on you, and I love the idea of the bound buttonholes.
EveS said... (4/18/08 0:11 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket (LOVE that fabric!!) and great review. Love the Powerdry lining idea! Definitely stealing that one. :)
Noile said... (4/15/08 4:37 PM) Reply
This jacket looks great on you! I'd passed it over in the catalog, but now I'm going to take another look at it. Thanks for the tip about powderdry, too.
Sigrid. said... (4/15/08 4:33 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket, and a great combination with your pants (I love black/white combo's and made a skirt of the same fabric last year!). Must keep this pattern in mind.
born2bead said... (4/15/08 4:23 PM) Reply
I never would've looked at this pattern twice but your jacket is adorable. Sooo much better than the line drawing!
lilyofthevalley said... (4/15/08 2:17 PM) Reply
Your lovely black and white graphic fabric really showcases the 'portrait' yoke of your lovely jacket. And using powerdry for the lining was inspired, with the hot weather coming up. You look quite beautiful in your jacket, pant, and heels ensemble. Lovely, Lily
Meredith P said... (4/15/08 11:12 AM) Reply
Very sharp looking! Thanks for the tip about inserting the yoke/lining. Great idea!
gatorgirl4325 said... (4/15/08 10:59 AM) Reply
Fabulous jacket - love the print, love the fit - much better than a basic "boxy" style!
cmarie12 said... (4/15/08 10:51 AM) Reply
Yes Barbara, you definitely saw something in this pattern that I didn't see! The jacket is stunning on you!
Liana said... (4/15/08 10:04 AM) Reply
Just darling, Barbara!
mylittleelephant said... (4/15/08 6:28 AM) Reply
This pattern keeps catching my eyes on PR, another great version here, lovely.
Marji said... (4/15/08 4:10 AM) Reply
Very flattering, love the combination too of pattern and fabric. It just looks happy.
CynthiaSue said... (4/15/08 0:55 AM) Reply
just so pretty!
carolynw said... (4/14/08 10:15 PM) Reply
How very nice - great work as usual
AnneMarie60 said... (4/14/08 9:28 PM) Reply
I really like your jacket. I like the dress style on the pattern envelope, too. I think this could work for me as a mother-of-the-bride dress ensemble, and your idea of using powerdry for the jacket lining would certainly be useful during hot flashes! Great job!
Membear said... (4/14/08 9:12 PM) Reply
I love it ,very elegant . I guess you could even wear it open with a camisole under.
narcissaqtpie said... (4/14/08 8:54 PM) Reply
cute! I love the fabric.
2BSewing said... (4/14/08 8:20 PM) Reply
Wow! Your jacket is beautiful! I need to change my sewing priorities and better get crackin' on this pattern. Great idea to use powerdry for the lining. BTW...that is one sharp outfit you are wearing.
CarolynGM said... (4/14/08 8:05 PM) Reply
The jacket looks great in a print! Clever idea to use powerdry for the lining too.
Ann Smith said... (4/14/08 7:12 PM) Reply
Wow, this looks so much better than the pattern illustration. I really liked it the way you styled it with pants and heels. Your fabric is a great choice for it.
Wino said... (4/14/08 7:09 PM) Reply
Very cute! I love the fabric you chose.

Understanding Knit Fabrics