Pattern Reviews> Purrfection> 1038 (Terrific Trousers)

Reviewed by:Frozzy

About Frozzystar
Member since: 12/28/03
Posted on:4/18/08 3:44 PM
Last Updated:4/18/08 3:46 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
Frozzy said... (4/20/08 9:24 PM) Reply
I would have to add many inches of ease to these pants to be able to sit down in them. I'm not sure the "good fit" you are seeing in the pics would survive. I'm going to spend time on a pattern with better instructions. I wouldn't recommend this pattern for anyone who needs instructions to sew a pair of pants.
lilyofthevalley said... (4/20/08 12:09 PM) Reply
Ew, Frozzy, I've been where you are with various patterns. Isn't it hateful to lose a sewing day (when you have so few)? While I agree with others that your waist and hip fit are very nice, these instructions sounds horrible and surely added to your frustration. Thanks for sharing this with us. -Lily
Darla in PA said... (4/19/08 6:37 AM) Reply
It looks like you have a pretty good fit throught the waist and hip in the front. Maybe you're giving up a little bit soon. Maybe try the straight leg style. I agree with what others have said about putting it away for a while and looking at them again. If this was your first try on the pants, you could be on your way to a having a great pant pattern. Now, I'm intrigued. I have this pattern and may have to play around with it. Thanks for the review.
GollyGolly said... (4/18/08 11:37 PM) Reply
Ahhh. Do you you hear that collective sigh of relief? You just saved a bunch of PR members oh so much effort that they might have put into this pattern. I know hollow comfort when you feel like you have blown a precious day off from work. Honestly, we really appreciate all of your work even if the pants aren't a keeper in your eyes. Thank you for sharing this review with us; it was most helpful. See some good did come from all those laborious pants pains!! Gail
Athene said... (4/18/08 10:23 PM) Reply
I agree with the others - put them away for awhile and revisit them down the road - it looks like you are on your way to a good fit.
Peggy L said... (4/18/08 8:46 PM) Reply
I think you need to put these away for a couple of days and then revisit them! They look like you are well on your way to a good fit. Hang onto that pattern.
lca said... (4/18/08 4:43 PM) Reply
I agree, maybe a little wider leg, however, I think it's a good start to a great fit with a little work. I'm going to try this pattern for my pear shape.
cabinbaby said... (4/18/08 4:32 PM) Reply
I don't think they are that bad. They are certainly a good place to start. Most people don't get results that good after several muslins. I agree they may need some twekaing but you may want to hang onto it for a while to compare it to other patterns.
unfinishedprojects said... (4/18/08 4:09 PM) Reply
They look like they fit well enough in the top. Maybe a wider leg style?

Kitschy Coo Lady Skater Dress