Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 1672 (Boxer Shorts)

Reviewed by:cindy-lou

About cindy-loustarstarstar
Member since: 7/21/06
Posted on:4/19/08 10:45 PM
Last Updated:2/23/09 5:42 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Needs More Info by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Sleepwear / Loungewear    Mens - Underwear

Hilary said... (8/7/10 9:47 AM) Reply
I *just* bought this pattern, and I can't wait to sew it up!! All of them look great and are so fun! DH is not adventurous, shall we say, (lol) in shirt fabric but doesn't mind me picking fun fabrics for boxer shorts. He just decided to switch from regular underwear~yah! The regular ones I also made from a KS pattern out of camo knit fabric hehe. But now they are falling apart, so time to sew some new ones. Thanks for the great review!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (2/25/09 6:27 PM) Reply
Funny review!! HELPFUL, too!!
Mary W said... (2/24/09 7:12 AM) Reply
I am glad to see this review with an update. Just yesterday, I cut out a test pair using this pattern.
Athene said... (2/24/09 0:12 AM) Reply
Great boxers - I particularly like how you did the waist elastic. I have a pattern I use for my hubby, but I think I may have to buy this one - really like how yours turned out.
rose4524 said... (2/24/09 0:11 AM) Reply
Fun review, I've been thinking about buying the KS boxer pattern because it IS a KS pattern - and obviously tried and true!
Diana M said... (2/23/09 10:35 PM) Reply
Fun review, great boxers!
fourkid said... (2/23/09 8:42 PM) Reply
These are great!!!
FurGal said... (2/23/09 7:19 PM) Reply
well gee, I kind of wish I was married so I could make up anniversary gift rules like you did. lol Too funny. Great boxers, they look professionally made.
Christas said... (2/23/09 6:54 PM) Reply
These look so great. I have a couple of sons and also a son-in-law that love for me to make boxers for them.... so fun to match fabrics with their personalities! The pattern I have always used is the "First Choice Boxers" by Timber Lane Press. That pattern is a five panel boxer pattern. Two of my other sons don't care for the five panel type. This Kwik-sew pattern looks like it might be a good one for them. I love your fabric choices! I think your Anniversary gift was a very fun one.
cindy-lou said... (2/23/09 5:40 PM) Reply
Popo, I don't know how this one would work with knits, but I do know that KS makes a pattern for knit boxers. I LOVE their basic patterns and would encourage you to try it out-- let me know how it does if you use it!
QuickFade said... (2/23/09 4:50 PM) Reply
Do you think this pattern would work well with knit fabrics? DS will only wear knit boxers. Would you make a smaller size or just use the same size?
lilyofthevalley said... (4/21/08 1:12 PM) Reply
Oh no, too funny! The boxers are great but the visual of DH wearing them backwards is hysterical. Wonder how comfortable it was, sitting that day. And your evaluation of the proper 14th anniversary gift was ... inspired. Congratulations on anniversary, CS machine! -Lily
cindy-lou said... (4/20/08 10:46 PM) Reply
I orderd my tags form a lady on ebay (NAYY)-- they are printed, not woven, but also are quite affordable!
Nancywin said... (4/20/08 4:38 PM) Reply
Cindy - you just crack me up! The boxers look great, and I love your tag. Did you make it?
Meredith P said... (4/20/08 1:32 PM) Reply
Ha Ha! Love the anniversary where is it again? Congrats on the CS machine. You will love it. And which Wal-Mart here still has fabric?
MissCelie said... (4/20/08 8:44 AM) Reply
Ok. That Coverstitch bit is pretty funny. Congratulations on your anniversary. And, I'm sorry about the lucky underwear.
anetJay said... (4/20/08 7:30 AM) Reply
your review was delightful to read !!! I have made this pattern before and congrats on your new coverstitch machine (and your anniversary !!!0 janet :)
PegL said... (4/20/08 6:20 AM) Reply
Makes me wish my DH was a boxer instead of brief man! Fun review! I enjoy your sense of humor!
CarolynGM said... (4/20/08 5:49 AM) Reply
I never dreamed a boxer short review could be so entertaining. Great job on these. You seem to be really enjoying your new CS machine.
notimetowork said... (4/20/08 3:23 AM) Reply
Love the boxers! I usually use Simplicity 9958 so will give this pattern a try! And I always use my CS machine to hem boxers - they look so professional that way!

by: atomicgirl