Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2680 (Women's City Coat)

Reviewed by:Heatherbelle

About Heatherbellestar
NEW ZEALAND
Member since: 9/29/04
Posted on:4/24/08 5:12 AM
Last Updated:4/24/08 5:12 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
kiddo said... (10/31/08 2:00 PM) Reply
Very nice! Your capsule is excellent!
Stitchcakes said... (4/25/08 9:30 AM) Reply
LOVE it! Want! This looks so fitted on the envelope, like all Jalie, but nice to see it is such a practical looking coat in RL. I have wishlisted it. A warmer version would look so awesome in a not-too-thick red felted wool. For lynda828, I'm not 100% sure, but I think I've worked out that SWAP is 'sewing with a plan'.
Modiste Madness said... (4/25/08 8:32 AM) Reply
Great job! Your research paid off in your execution. It looks so nice on you.
greenandlilac said... (4/24/08 3:26 PM) Reply
Emilie from Jalie's comment on the pockets is in the comments to Slanden99's 2/28/07 review of the same pattern
fuzzygalore said... (4/24/08 2:11 PM) Reply
Very good observation about a coat that's not black there.. I certainly suffer from the same syndrome ;-). Yours looks very professional, as well as looking very good on you. Happy summer!
greenandlilac said... (4/24/08 10:37 AM) Reply
This coat looks very nice. It looks like you have the same kind of weather in New Zealand that we have in the Willamette Valley of Oregon: wet wet wet. I don't think we're ever going to see the sun. I guess I need this pattern. I've been wanting their polo top pattern too. The shipping is free from patternreview.com if your order is more than $25.00
BettyMike said... (4/24/08 10:19 AM) Reply
What a great jacket. Thanks for the review.
li'l miss muffett said... (4/24/08 10:16 AM) Reply
I love it!!! The color is gorgeous. I have this pattern too. Now I need to break it out and make myself a jacket!
Leslie in Austin said... (4/24/08 10:09 AM) Reply
What a lovely, indispensable wardrobe piece!!
wifarmkid said... (4/24/08 9:12 AM) Reply
A lovely outfit and you look great in it! I have made skating dresses from Jalie patterns and love them for their stylish look; I will have to take another look at their patterns for myself. Great job!
cabinbaby said... (4/24/08 9:07 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review! Your jacket looks beautiful and profesionally done. I looked through your other SWAP items too. Beautiful colors!
JMarie1962 said... (4/24/08 9:02 AM) Reply
What a fantastic coat and it looks so RTW too. You did a wonderful job and I bet you wear this for years to come. Beautiful!
lynda828 said... (4/24/08 8:13 AM) Reply
What a fantastic job your coat looks brilliant and I love the colour scheme you have chosen I had a look at all your pics and everything goes so well together, I'm new to PR and not quite sure what a swap is? but it looks like 'no orphans in the cupboard' which is what seems to happen to me. Again your coat is lovely.
nellc said... (4/24/08 8:09 AM) Reply
Lovely coat, it looks great with the other items in you wardrobe
Lori V said... (4/24/08 7:14 AM) Reply
This is wonderful and you look fantastic in the entire outfit. Pretty color and nice job.
Ronda Rae said... (4/24/08 6:40 AM) Reply
Wonderful review- great jacket. I have this pattern and keep pulling it out and admiring it : ) but have yet to commit. I think I'll pull it out again and wonder about it. It's the tracing part that turns me off! I love the colors of your swap, too. You look lovely in your ensemble.
Karla Kizer said... (4/24/08 6:31 AM) Reply
It looks perfect - beautiful fit, beautiful color. I think it will be one of those "how did I get along without it?" pieces in your wardrobe.
Athene said... (4/24/08 6:15 AM) Reply
You look great - that is a good looking coat. Thank you for the review.

Pin-up Girls Amanda Foam Cup Bra