Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7780 (Mens coat)

Reviewed by:SarahSM

About SarahSMstar
Member since: 1/17/07
Posted on:4/25/08 0:33 AM
Last Updated:4/25/08 0:33 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Jackets
Athene said... (3/12/11 9:11 PM) Reply
A great coat and so intriguing in the blue velveteen. Great fit on your hubby.
Vintage Joan said... (5/10/08 8:35 PM) Reply
Great work -- thanks for the review! You've (both) inspired me to try this coat for my son. Perhaps not out of velvet -- not everyone can pull that look off, after all. :D
lilyofthevalley said... (4/28/08 3:23 PM) Reply
This is a very handsome and smart coat that Josh has made (with a little help from his friends.) The blue stretch velveteen is fabulous and the perfect choice for a distinctive man's garment. Very sharp, indeed. -Lily
Annette1 said... (4/27/08 0:15 AM) Reply
Great-looking jacket for a great-looking guy! I'll have to check out the men's Burda patterns next time I'm "window shopping." It just makes sense they'd be well cut, since the women's are, as well.
MichelleE said... (4/26/08 11:34 AM) Reply
What a snazzy coat. It's hard to find men's patterns that aren't just plain weird, this one looks really nice! Although I doubt MY husband would ever attempt it - lol.
fuzzygalore said... (4/25/08 6:41 PM) Reply
This looks really fabulous. I can't help wonder about velvet in the OR rain :-), but the look is totally cool.
ALY said... (4/25/08 6:31 PM) Reply
What a great collaborative effort! I have some Burda Menís patterns in my stash so it is nice to see reviews of them.
wvsher said... (4/25/08 4:46 PM) Reply
That is neat that you & your husband both sew. You did a great job on his coat. It looks very unique -- I am sure he will receive many compliments on it.
michellep74 said... (4/25/08 12:17 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great tip about the collar--I ran into that problem with a wool on a jacket that I made a few months ago. The coat looks great! There are so few coat patterns out there for men, it's really nice to see one made up.
lynda828 said... (4/25/08 8:29 AM) Reply
WOW your husband is very cool I am married to a motor trimmer who get so cranky when asked if he can sew clothes, which he probably could if he tried. I think the coat look sensational and lucky you to have a wonderful hobby in common. Very Blues brothers!
Gelbean said... (4/25/08 8:13 AM) Reply
What a fantastic coat. I have not ventured into sewing men's clothing but this coat is inspiring. I love the fabric and the style.

Storm Mountain Designs 14