Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 8002 (Milano Jacket)

Reviewed by:Peggy L

About Peggy Lstarstarstar
TN USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:8/15/08 10:27 AM
Last Updated:8/15/08 9:45 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

BettyMike said... (8/18/08 12:46 PM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful! As for the notching not matching up, I vote for an error on the pattern, not you!
ryan's mom said... (8/17/08 1:31 PM) Reply
What a nice jacket! That basic black staple is perfect for any wardrobe.
Patti B said... (8/16/08 10:42 AM) Reply
I like what I see! Nice to know that this works well for the SNF method. I'll be glad to see a larger photo too (my eyes must be going!) -- it is so hard to photograph black garments. Having a travel wardrobe makes a trip so much easier.
Elle D said... (8/16/08 10:26 AM) Reply
Peggy, thanks so much for posting this review, I too used this pattern for Shannon's snf class and ran into problems with those sleeve notches. Wasted a whole evening trying to make the notches line up (thought I had gotten the sleeves switched, pulled out the original pattern pieces, pinned, re-pinned, etc etc). I ended up making the notches line up so that there are gathers at the bottom of the armscye. If only I had read your review first! Your jacket looks very nice on your dress form, and like others I would like to see a pic of it on you (with the rest of your travel ensemble). I'm still putting finishing touches on mine but then I'll post a review so that others can follow my goofy journey with this pattern. I did love the snf technique!
Peggy L said... (8/16/08 10:07 AM) Reply
Marji - Nancy's Travel Basic is 63% poly, 32% rayon and 5% spandex. I think she has it in black and navy. I washed this jacket on the delicate cycle in my machine. I'll try and post these pictures on Flickr later - but I'm sewing today!!!!
Marji said... (8/16/08 9:31 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket. The button is really interesting too, nice touch, and your buttonhole looks great. I don't get the FSG newsletter, so may I ask what the Travel Basic fabric is? Is it an RPL like fabric? a knit or a woven?
carolynw said... (8/16/08 9:24 AM) Reply
Peggy your jacket looks nice - so does your skirt - unfortunatley I cannot get much more than a thumbnail size photo - disappointed as I would love to see it up large and close - smile.
Rhoda K said... (8/16/08 8:27 AM) Reply
Great review and beautiful jacket. Nancy had some of her travel basics in the July newsletter that I'm planning to order. I love the feel of the swatch so I'm glad to see your opinion on the fabric.
Karla Kizer said... (8/16/08 7:01 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. It looks as if your jacket survived its vacation workout - and what a great, versatile piece to have ready for the next trip. Nice topstitching and I love that button, too. Can I assume that the armhole and sleeves on this jacket are a little roomier than some of her other patterns?
moushka said... (8/16/08 0:50 AM) Reply
Peggy, great review but my old computer isnt up to your Mobile Me gallery. Could you please post a simple photo so that those of us who are technologically challenged can admire your work, too? Thanks so much. Sue
Annette1 said... (8/15/08 10:04 PM) Reply
BEAUTIFUL jacket, Peggy, and a bound buttonhole to boot! You've got me really intrigued about this stinkin' fabric, so THANKS A LOT. :o) It does look very nice in the pictures, and I'm all for anything that travels well. I'm going to have to check it out (heavy sigh).
Re Becca said... (8/15/08 2:39 PM) Reply
Doesn't it drive you crazy when the notches don't match? I had that problem with Kwik Sew of all patterns. Very nice button treatment, it really dresses up the jacket. It looks like it drapes really well. I can't wait to see it on you.
PegL said... (8/15/08 2:15 PM) Reply
I hope I get to see your travel ensemble soon as I'm quite sure all the moaning and groaning were worth the final results! (You really weren't that bad!) Good review and very tempting on the fabric! Just saw the added pics! Very nice!!
dbsewer said... (8/15/08 11:38 AM) Reply
I don't see a picture of your jacket. Also, could you post a link to Shannon's stitch and flip lining method?
j222b said... (8/15/08 11:19 AM) Reply
I am very interested in your travel wardrobe!! Perhaps you could do it as a sewing tip? Nice jacket.

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS