Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4384 (Misses' Wrap Tops (OOP))

Reviewed by:JMarie1962

About JMarie1962star
OR United States
Member since: 2/3/07
Posted on:4/27/08 11:49 AM
Last Updated:4/27/08 1:30 PM
Pattern Size:Regular Petite
Annette1 said... (6/9/08 7:52 PM) Reply
Well, first of all, WHAT "pooch"? :o) You've got a perfect little hourglass figure. I really like your top, but my FAVORITE part, I have to admit, is how NICELY you've done the inside. :0) All of your binding makes it exquisite. And, of course, it looks GREAT on you. (I like your jeans, too, by the way.)
Heatherrique said... (5/4/08 11:42 AM) Reply
Wow! What a striking top, especially with the tropical print! Such a flattering style on you!
lilyofthevalley said... (4/28/08 9:57 AM) Reply
JMarie, what a shame that the sleeve of your blouse is uncomfortable, b/c when I clicked on your thumbnail, I thought, "What a beautiful blouse!" The colors suit you so well that I hope you'll make a similar one (different pattern) that you *will* wear more often. Lovely, Lily
ajax said... (4/28/08 0:33 AM) Reply
I like your fabric and I think this top looks good on you, but I have had issues with this pattern too. I've made up views A & C in non stretch wovens, and view B in stretch woven (It's a cute looking pattern & I'm a sucker for trying to get it right) They are all uncomfortable to wear as they shift around and ride up at the front. I agree that it's a mediocre pattern.
Patti B said... (4/27/08 10:36 PM) Reply
It looks great but I know what you mean about it not being the first thing you reach for. Excellent review.
Sharon M said... (4/27/08 9:00 PM) Reply
I think you're top turned out beautifully. I also have this one. I've pulled it out numerous times but have yet to actually use it. Your review is very helpful - especially tip about the sleeves.
sewbehind said... (4/27/08 3:16 PM) Reply
Your top looks great. I really like your seam finishes. Thanks for the recommendation about using a stretch fabric.
Robin Denning said... (4/27/08 12:06 PM) Reply
very cute! I love the fabric you chose - it looks great in that pattern.

by: Carol Mend...