Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3529 (Jackets)

Reviewed by:CynthiaSue

About CynthiaSuestarstarstarstar
Member since: 10/11/03
Posted on:4/30/08 1:57 PM
Last Updated:4/30/08 3:23 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 38 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Deepika said... (1/23/09 7:45 PM) Reply
Thank god someone reviewed a KS jacket. And I like your "no tear" rating. I see what you mean by it. I too like Kwik Sew but lately it seems nobody is sewing them. Thanks for reviving it. I love the color you chose for your jacket. Spring is here. Almost....
marvajean said... (1/23/09 5:00 PM) Reply
I bought this pattern because it was the most similiar to a jacket I saw at Jcpenney by Bijou Bijou... I agree with the back being cut on straight of grain...I also agree that the lapel is quite different from any other I have seen instructions for...I usually stay away from lapels because I just can't get htem professional looking. Can't wait to get started
EveS said... (5/9/08 9:44 PM) Reply
What a great jacket...and a GORGEOUS color on you!!! Just love the whole thing. Thanks for the really insightful review, too! :)
Debra H said... (5/5/08 0:08 AM) Reply
I have this on my list and was hoping someone would do a good review. Yours is so helpful. Love your jacket. I also wonder why they cut that back piece on bias.
lilyofthevalley said... (5/4/08 6:54 PM) Reply
First of all, Cindy, stunning photo! And whoever chose the color for you are geniuses; it's stunning. I love raw silk and your jacket is the perfect foil for its beauty. It's elegant and chic. You've done beautiful work here, and I hope you'll make another; it's so flattering to you. Very lovely, Lily
Marji said... (5/2/08 10:37 PM) Reply
Your enthusiasm for this project really comes through your review. I'm so happy for you that this silk jacket has proven to be such a positive experience. And, you've got a great looking jacket! Good to know too, about the sleeve.
AquariJenn said... (5/2/08 2:40 PM) Reply
I have also rediscovered the joy of Kwik Sew patterns. Definitely no tears! Your jacket is beautiful and well made. Enjoy it!
KathleenS said... (5/2/08 7:59 AM) Reply
So true about Kwiksew. Their instructions are always "no tears". Even when you have your doubts about whether it will work, if you go ahead it turns out beautifully. I think it would be a great new rating system. Cute jacket.
JMarie1962 said... (5/1/08 12:15 PM) Reply
WAY cute jacket and I'm so glad you've written a review. I spotted this pattern and thought "Hm looks cute!" And you're right, Kwik Sew is coming out with some more fashionable patterns these days. Thanks for sharing!
ITAdmin said... (5/1/08 7:25 AM) Reply
Good job on a beautiful jacket. And the "other" pattern companies do have styles that are worth a look.
Danvillegirl said... (5/1/08 6:56 AM) Reply
Great review and I think KS is becoming more fashion forward. After determining my best fit with KS, I have good success. It looks like you did as well. Cute jacket.
jlg said... (5/1/08 5:24 AM) Reply
Very cute. I hadn't seen this pattern. Must buy it now.
CSM--Carla said... (5/1/08 0:22 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, beautiful setting, beautiful woman--THOROUGH review! Great tips about this pattern and especially appreciate the info on the raw silk---THANK YOU dvmcindy for this excellent review. this goes on my wish list--I want to experience this sleeve! Carla
Dei said... (4/30/08 11:37 PM) Reply
Love that cheery color on you. Love the jacket and now I am forced to go out and buy yet another pattern. Well done, including the smile.
mastdenman said... (4/30/08 10:04 PM) Reply
Cute jacket. It looks great on you.
Sew4Fun said... (4/30/08 9:24 PM) Reply
Fabulous, flattering jacket! You sound so happy with it and you should be. It's beautiful!
MissCelie said... (4/30/08 8:51 PM) Reply
Cindy, what a charming and insightful review! And a very very cute little jacket.
Dee2 said... (4/30/08 8:47 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket--you look wonderful in this color!
CShelley said... (4/30/08 7:47 PM) Reply
How cute are you in that jacket! Yours looks so much better than the pattern photo. I wouldn't have looked twice at it but now I have to have it. Thanks!
Lori V said... (4/30/08 7:16 PM) Reply
Very cute jacket and thanks for the review. Kwik Sew patterns are so helpful. and well-drafted, I need to take a look at them again.
sew2little said... (4/30/08 6:01 PM) Reply
I too love Kwik Sew--despite the dowdy illustrations and pictures. Your jacket looks great!
mochalover said... (4/30/08 5:55 PM) Reply
Very impressive jacket and great review. You have made me want to try another Kwik Sew pattern.
loohoo44 said... (4/30/08 4:52 PM) Reply
YAY!! Cindy this turned out sooo fabulous!! This was definitely the color for you, and the style looks even better than the kwik sew photos. Thank you so much for the incredibly helpful info about the matka, I still haven't gotten into mine yet!
ALY said... (4/30/08 4:36 PM) Reply
Great jacket, and the color really looks good on you. Silk matka is a favorite fabric for spring and summer jackets. Nice colors, interesting texture and easy to work with.
AnneM said... (4/30/08 4:36 PM) Reply
Kwik Sew patterns so often sew up nicer than the pattern pics indicate. Your jacket is very nice. I like your tear rating system. :) Your jacket looks great, and you picked a nice fabric / pattern match. The back has such nice details as well. Yours is the 1st review of this pattern; I suspect it will increase the sales of it!
CarolynGM said... (4/30/08 4:33 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks so stylish and well-fitted. I'm intrigued by this pattern.
CynthiaSue said... (4/30/08 4:07 PM) Reply
Mahalosu, I made a small on top tapering to a medium for the bottom half of jacket.
Barbara V said... (4/30/08 4:07 PM) Reply
Interesting reading about the armhole and sleeve cap fit with this Kwik Sew pattern. I will keep that info in mind. You did a great job. The jacket is a cute style and your choice of fabric and color is perfect. Thanks for the review.
Athene said... (4/30/08 4:06 PM) Reply
A very attractive and well made jacket and definitely your color. You look very pretty.
mahalosu said... (4/30/08 4:00 PM) Reply
I am going to buy this pattern! What size did you make?
mylittleelephant said... (4/30/08 3:44 PM) Reply
Wow, your jacket's beautiful, lapel looks perfectly pressed, and perfect ease, I really feel like trying Kwik sew and raw silk now.
Kellie R. said... (4/30/08 3:10 PM) Reply
The workmanship on your jacket is great Cindy! It's so pretty and stylish! Thanks for the great review!
Christina Sonja said... (4/30/08 2:47 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket! Now I really want to try a Kwik Sew pattern. And I'm going to have to get my hands on some silk matka...
gatorgirl4325 said... (4/30/08 2:39 PM) Reply
Beautiful color for you - the fit is fantastic!
dbsewer said... (4/30/08 2:21 PM) Reply
Good to know that KS is doing quality work. The jacket is very cute. Thanks for a great and detailed review.
Debbie Cook said... (4/30/08 2:09 PM) Reply
This looks great on you!! Pretty color for you. Love the scenic background too.

Pin-up Girls Amanda Foam Cup Bra