Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> Other> J&L sportswear (Rash top, stinger suit)

Reviewed by:Kbenco

Last Updated:2/18/09 4:56 AM

lindys said... (6/23/09 6:59 AM) Reply
dp
lindys said... (6/23/09 6:56 AM) Reply
Hi! I am just about to order from Stetchtex to make rashies for my 3 children aged 2-4 years. I live in North Qld and was wondering if you could tell me where this pattern might be available from apart from Eumundi markets?? (online or bricks & mortar store)? I can't find J&L anywhere. Many thanks for any help you can provide, Lindy :-)
Mahler said... (2/18/09 1:05 PM) Reply
I like the outfit and her unexpected choice of colour. Also for swim wear, Kwik Sew have interesting patterns. Great project, I think !
KimSews said... (2/18/09 9:37 AM) Reply
Never heard of a rashie or stinger clothes before. I was wondering why it was called that when I read about the jellyfish. They can't sting through swimwear fabric? What an appropriate name and what a nice top also. Your daughter is very lucky, she can have a new swimsuit whenever she wants!
Kbenco said... (5/10/08 8:45 PM) Reply
Hello Brmm, I bought the fabric direct from www.stretchtex.com.au, in Sydney who manufacture for Speedo etc. They have a lot of technical fabrics, and were very helpful, they sent a sample sheet, I contacted them through their website. I have never seen their fabric at retail shops. Their postage was very reasonable. I did buy a lot all at once, so there may be a minimum purchase. The pattern I bought from a stall at Eumundi markets a few years ago.
brrmm said... (5/10/08 7:35 PM) Reply
Great rashie! Interested to know where to get that pattern and how to buy the fabric - I'm in Brisbane. Cheers.
Mandolin82 said... (5/10/08 4:38 PM) Reply
Great use of a pattern. You must have saved a LOT over the years making your own. I'm not familiar with the pattern company, but I suppose I could adapt another pattern if necessary. Thanks.
Josephine said... (5/10/08 4:05 PM) Reply
Very cool! I had never even heard of a 'stinger suit' before. :-)
Seamingly Simple said... (5/10/08 9:17 AM) Reply
This doesn't look home-made at all, and I'm sure you saved a bundle. I am envious of your 9-month swimming season!
rivergum said... (5/10/08 6:39 AM) Reply
Your son looks really happy in his new rashie. I bet you saved a bundle over the years. I must remember the pattern if I ever manage to get myself some grandchildren.

Liberty Jane Patterns Heritage Doll Bubblegum