Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3640 (Misses Pants Hooded Sweatshirt)

Reviewed by:gameCoder

About gameCoder
Member since: 3/22/05
Sewing skills:Advanced Beginner
Posted on:5/12/08 1:29 AM
Last Updated:5/12/08 1:29 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Sleepwear
Steffie said... (5/13/08 7:05 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I want to make this for my daughter and thought it would be very fitted (as it is on the model). Your sweatshirt also appears to be longer than the pattern envelope. Do you think it runs long as well as large? Your sweatshirt turned out very nice. Good job on your first knit project!
lendube said... (5/12/08 12:19 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this pattern. I too, have the fabric and the pattern laying around just waiting patiently to be put together (just in time for summer! :). Good hints about sizing and the zipper. I tend to end up with larger results than planned so it's good to know that I should probably make a smaller size than I would normally want to make. It looks very good and it's encouraging that you want to make it again. Plan to make the pants to go with it?
maryfrana said... (5/12/08 11:42 AM) Reply
You did a fabulous job on your first knit project. Such courage, especially putting in a zip which I find more difficult on knits because of the stretch. Sometimes I iron it in first with steam-a-seam. This looks so professional.
Huldra said... (5/12/08 9:19 AM) Reply
I have this pattern too, but I haven't got around to making it yet. Thank you for the helpful information about the sizing etc. It looks good!

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS