Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3290 (Girls Jackets)

Reviewed by:Sew4Fun

About Sew4Funstarstarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 6/23/04
Posted on:5/12/08 3:28 AM
Last Updated:5/12/08 3:28 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)
FloraNature said... (12/7/09 6:53 AM) Reply
Great jacket and review! I recently bought this pattern, as I think I can fit into it. I am inspired by your wonderful changes to do something similar (as in leave out the facings), and perhaps add a back elastic for a bit of waist definition.
Kathleen Fasanella said... (6/18/08 11:19 AM) Reply
I admit to being a facing fanatic. It annoys me that so many (RTW) garments don't have them anymore. HOWEVER, your modification was spot on. I think in this case it made for a much cleaner professional finish.
slanden99 said... (5/13/08 3:04 PM) Reply
Adorable jacket! Thanks for the info on sizing--very helpful review.
Karen8320 said... (5/12/08 8:13 PM) Reply
Belinda, this is such fabulous work! You have a very good eye for taking something and making it distinctively unique but oh-so-stylish. Your daughter must be absolutely thrilled with this jacket!
okie2thdoc said... (5/12/08 2:36 PM) Reply
I love how you made this your own creation- very ingenious. I'll be watching to get ideas!!!
pterion said... (5/12/08 12:00 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! I love those bright colors and embroidery.
LindsayT said... (5/12/08 11:19 AM) Reply
This is downright adorable!
Hilary said... (5/12/08 10:17 AM) Reply
Pretty!! You've done a great job on this, I love the fabric colors and all the cute embroidery.
EveS said... (5/12/08 10:14 AM) Reply
Omg, this ALMOST makes me want to embroider!!! What a fabulous jacket with yummy, sherbet-y colors! Just love it!!!
Lori V said... (5/12/08 8:11 AM) Reply
What a cute jacket, Belinda, I bet your daughter is thrilled with the colors.
Mel.J said... (5/12/08 7:49 AM) Reply
Oh that is just perfect!
cindyann said... (5/12/08 7:32 AM) Reply
Wonderful jacket! The embroidery is so fun.
Debbie Cook said... (5/12/08 6:40 AM) Reply
Great jacket! Love the embroideries and how you changed the construction. Very cool fleece ... and from Spotlight too!
Kbenco said... (5/12/08 5:53 AM) Reply
This jacket looks terrific. I really like how you have finished the neck seam and your gorgeous embellishment. My daughters would love this.
Sew4Fun said... (5/12/08 5:34 AM) Reply
Addicted2fabric, I agree the embroidery designs are to die for :) and they stitch out very nicely. Unfortunately there is no English version (the language is German I believe), but even though my only language is English I was able to order without any trouble. The designs are delivered via download. Huups has only embroidery designs but you can buy the sew-on motifs from http://zaubermasche.de/ HTH
addicted2fabric said... (5/12/08 5:08 AM) Reply
WOW!! I have just checked out that Huup's site and the motifs on there are to die for! I wish I could read Dutch, at least I am assuming its Dutch. Are they all for embroidery machines or are some iron/sew on motifs? Do you know if there is an English version? Thanks.
addicted2fabric said... (5/12/08 4:54 AM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this, I have just bought this pattern but havent made it yet. I love what you have done with it, its gorgeous. I have some of that bonded polar fleece from Spotlight too, but in baby pink and pale blue. Its very helpful to know about the sizing. Thanks :o)

McCall's M6163