Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5101 (Classic Coat)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:6/23/03 4:47 AM
Last Updated:6/23/03 4:47 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Wilbur said... (9/16/06 12:07 PM) Reply
Starting to wonder why everyone loves Loes' patterns; so many report mistakes in instructions.
10Ksteps said... (5/27/05 8:49 PM) Reply
Ann always does a nice review and makes beautiful garments.
Ann Smith said... (3/16/04 12:21 PM) Reply
kathi s: I have fixed the photo. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
kathi s said... (3/15/04 6:53 AM) Reply
I am really impressed with how tall your coat makes you appear! It really is a lovely coat and very well done. Thank you for the review (ps I couldn't see the back view).
Gigi Louis said... (7/25/03 6:44 PM) Reply
Gosh, I am missing so many reviews! This coat is absolutely stunning on you, Ann. I've had this in my stash for awhile and was afraid it might overwhelm me. I think I will make this up this fall. Thanks for the inspiration.
Dale C said... (6/23/03 4:23 PM) Reply
Great coat Ann. I always thought such a long coat would be overwhelming on a small frame, but it looks great on you. Been wanting a duster coat too, so I just may try making one.
Karen Bowers said... (6/23/03 1:25 PM) Reply
ann, wonderful! another standout piece in your glamorous collection.
MaryBeth said... (6/23/03 1:17 PM) Reply
Ann, I so glad you did this review and the coat looks great on you. I tried this pattern in January and was totally miffed at the huge shoulders. On my frame at 5'2" with slightly sloping shoulders I had to double the shoulder pads even after shortening the shoulder seam .75".
Ann C said... (6/23/03 12:09 PM) Reply
Ann, thanks for the review and congratulations on your successful and handsome new coat.
Deepika said... (6/23/03 10:12 AM) Reply
Ann. Great coat and great review!
Rhonda Noah said... (6/23/03 7:27 AM) Reply
Terrific! I am 5'3" and thought something like this would just look overwhelming on me, but you look so great I may get this pattern after all. ;-)