Pattern Reviews> KnipMode Magazine> 05-2008-13 (Bottega Veneta dress)

Reviewed by:Sigrid.

Last Updated:5/14/08 3:53 PM

mimi g. said... (5/20/08 3:17 PM) Reply
LOVE IT!!!!
Tez said... (5/19/08 2:02 AM) Reply
Thanks for such a helpful review. The dress looks great on you!
Bonnie O said... (5/18/08 3:08 PM) Reply
Beautiful, flattering dress!!
cmarie12 said... (5/17/08 2:40 PM) Reply
This is a beautiful dress filled with lots of amazing details! It is wonderful!
Debra H said... (5/17/08 1:48 PM) Reply
Very helpful information. I do not know much about KnipMode, but this is certainly a winner. You look cool and fabulous.
Marji said... (5/17/08 1:05 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for working through some of the issues with this dress, and sharing your solutions. I'm bookmarking this v helpful review for when I make mine.
Beek said... (5/16/08 5:25 PM) Reply
So lovely and feminine. You look fabulous in your garden in that perfect red dress!
Tany said... (5/16/08 4:02 AM) Reply
Great dress and thank you for this very helpful review!
Ann Smith said... (5/15/08 6:52 PM) Reply
What a great dress. Congratulations on pulling it off.
Kellie R. said... (5/15/08 5:08 PM) Reply
Very chic! Great job!
blue mooney said... (5/15/08 7:41 AM) Reply
Love your dress! Thanks for a thoughtful review. I don't have Knip, but you've got me thinking of my own knock-off of this style. Enjoy your summer dress!
Danvillegirl said... (5/15/08 6:56 AM) Reply
Very attractive dress on you! I love the shoes as well.
squirrellypoo said... (5/15/08 6:20 AM) Reply
I didn't look twice at this in the magazine, but I just love yours! It really was worth all the effort when you've got a dress you can wear for years and years now!
Ingiepops said... (5/15/08 5:23 AM) Reply
Your dress looks fab, and thanks for such a detailed review; this is one of the few items in this issue that I would make so this is really useful to me!
Annette1 said... (5/15/08 3:04 AM) Reply
This is SO perfectly flattering on you, Sigrid. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bodice/sleeves, so much so that if I were you, I'd make a top out of this pattern too. :o)
Allie in Hong Kong said... (5/15/08 1:56 AM) Reply
It looks fabulous despite the problems you had with the pattern. It's super flattering on you - your waist looks tiny!
Speech girl said... (5/15/08 0:10 AM) Reply
I love red dresses and yours is lovely.
Nancywin said... (5/14/08 11:50 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress - and I love those shoes!
Lori V said... (5/14/08 10:12 PM) Reply
This is such a fabulous and flattering dress, Sigrid. Beautiful job.
EveS said... (5/14/08 8:27 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress, despite your issues with the pattern. SO flattering to your teensy-tiny waist! Love the red, too!
goldesdottar said... (5/14/08 7:19 PM) Reply
What a wonderful wealth of detail. This is a time of lots of retro feel, and your dress shows why.
Christina Sonja said... (5/14/08 7:00 PM) Reply
What a *gorgeous* summer dress! That is indeed the perfect red color for you. And a helpful review, for not just this pattern but many others that one may encounter.
Em's Summer said... (5/14/08 6:55 PM) Reply
This looks like a throwback to vintage! It's a lovely dress! Looks great on you!
hongkongshopper said... (5/14/08 6:40 PM) Reply
Looks lovely on you. Great colour!
Mahogany Stylist said... (5/14/08 5:11 PM) Reply
Thank you for this very helpful review. Your version of this dress is beautiful. It looks very comfortable. Just right for summer weather.
LindsayT said... (5/14/08 4:46 PM) Reply
Really lovely dress, Sigrid. You're right, this is perfect for summer. I hope you have nice weather too!
MissCelie said... (5/14/08 4:45 PM) Reply
Umm, I'm going home right NOW To make up a muslin. This is Bee-yoo-tee-ful. Flattering too! What a great review!!
Re Becca said... (5/14/08 4:19 PM) Reply
I like this. It looks so chic, and so wearable. I bet that this would make a cute top too. I like it with the belt. You are right, I would never wear it without a belt either. It looks very refined.
Nancy K said... (5/14/08 4:16 PM) Reply
It's fabulous Sigrid! Thanks for all the detailed pictures. It is very helpful to me, as you know I am a few steps behind you! I hope that it looks as good on me as it does on you! It is a really flattering dress.

Understanding Knit Fabrics