Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 05-2007-01 (Vintage Blouse)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

About Debbie Cookstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/11/02

Posted on:5/24/08 11:38 PM
Last Updated:6/21/08 6:32 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
tumorfarmer said... (6/21/09 2:21 AM) Reply
I LOVE Debbie's reviews & pictures! I have never seen someone other than my mom sew nearly ALL of their own clothing, fitting them properly and sewing so incredibly exquisitely! I cannot say enough good things about Debbie and her reviews and tips and photos, I have never had anyone or anything impact my sewing so much! Thank you for helping me to make more perfect, better fitting, and better sewn clothing! Becky
Annette1 said... (6/23/08 6:53 PM) Reply
I'd say you've got this baby nailed! It has JUST the right amount of drape to it, skimming the body perfectly. That sleeve head is ingenious. I'm bookmarking this. On another note, I can't figure out why I'm not getting a notification when your reviews come out. I thought you were on my list. I had Lily on there too and wasn't getting her updates, and figured out I had to update something else or WHATEVER. :o( Maybe I just DREAMED I put you on there. I think we need more space for our "favorite reviewers." I can think of a lot more than five -- ha! -- but you're definitely at the top of the list!
gatorgirl4325 said... (6/23/08 3:08 PM) Reply
This blouse is lovely! I know it took considerable time and effort to get it looking this good - it was worth it!
Kbenco said... (6/21/08 10:45 PM) Reply
This review compared to your previous one is making me think seriously about pattern softwear, only I would need your drafting skills as well. Your blouses look great.
OP Gal said... (5/27/08 3:22 PM) Reply
Great save with the sleeve head. Wonderful job as usual.
Mufffet said... (5/25/08 3:54 PM) Reply
I had been wondering about this pattern. The blouses look good on you. I love the fit and the style of the ivory version. the print version looks better on you than the dressform, and is quite spiffy. Thanks for all your work on this pattern. I had seen this on your blog as well.
angie.a said... (5/25/08 11:22 AM) Reply
Very pretty blouse! Well worth the effort to re-do! I really am disappointed it was such a drafting booboo in the mag because I don't have PMB!! :P But I did find a similar blouse Ottobre did for women in a children's issue from a few years ago. I'm going to try the front/back from that issue & use the cuff/sleeve/collar from the new issue.
PVA said... (5/25/08 11:21 AM) Reply
Debbie, I knew you could/would master it. I can only echo the above, and add an observation -- you are the topstitching diva! Collar, cuffs & etc.! Just perfect. Thanks for all the photos -- wherever you decide to go to work you certainly will have the ideal wardrobe.
mis_priss said... (5/25/08 10:37 AM) Reply
Very nice, glad you finally got your blouse. I love that brown skirt as well.
carolynw said... (5/25/08 8:59 AM) Reply
Really really beautiful Debbie! The colour is so elegant
blue mooney said... (5/25/08 8:03 AM) Reply
Two classic blouses! Good thinking on the sleeve head for the rayon. What a pretty print that is, and it looks great with your skirt.
Darla in PA said... (5/25/08 7:03 AM) Reply
Great blouse, Debbie! Glad you conquered the pattern.
Peggy L said... (5/25/08 6:53 AM) Reply
Ditto what Annette said. This blouse and color really look great on you.
Annette1 said... (5/25/08 0:11 AM) Reply
Man, this is so PRETTY and FEMININE and DRAPEY, I love it. :o) Your workmanship is just impeccable. In fact, when I saw the buttonhole on your sleeve cuff of version 1, I had to go look at your profile to see what kind of machine you use -- ha! I've got a Viking too, but I don't think my buttonholes look nearly as nice as yours. :o) I'd say you've got this one mastered!

Other Bronte Knit Top