Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4859 (Misses Skirts)

Reviewed by:merteuil

About merteuilstar
SWITZERLAND
Member since: 3/18/08
Posted on:6/1/08 6:53 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 9 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts

Hikerbeth said... (12/4/09 0:50 AM) Reply
Lovely clear and detailed photographs really enhance this review. Especially as most of us sewers are visual people. Well Done!
cathy45 said... (6/2/08 8:54 AM) Reply
The contrast is well done--This is soo chic looking!
MagpieJen said... (6/2/08 0:23 AM) Reply
That is a smashing skirt! I love the flare of the hem, and I think the contrast really flatters the figure.
MareeAlison said... (6/1/08 6:58 PM) Reply
To be honest I wasn't sure at first about the contrasting fabrics but when I saw your photo album I was convinced. This is fantastic - you should really wear it.
sew42mom said... (6/1/08 5:02 PM) Reply
Wear it!!!
okie2thdoc said... (6/1/08 4:50 PM) Reply
I think the high contrast is what makes this skirt great. I'd definitely wear it with some cute strappy heels. If I had the ability to mix like that, I'd do it more often- wear it with a little attitude;) it's very fashionable.
Beek said... (6/1/08 2:39 PM) Reply
Great skirt. I bet it will look flattering when you walk in it. It will have movement and style.
Sic said... (6/1/08 2:25 PM) Reply
Lovely skirt - the contrast is very striking, but tasteful! Choosing linen for the fabric was truly inspired!
Tiner W said... (6/1/08 1:20 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I love the contrast!
CarolynGM said... (6/1/08 11:41 AM) Reply
I love the drama of the high contrast. This is a beautiful skirt.
edot said... (6/1/08 11:13 AM) Reply
I think it's excellent! Sometimes contrast works better in theory, other times better in person; and while I don't think I'm adventurous enough to have thought to put black and white together, I think the result is much more striking and fantastic than a lesser contrasting pair. Kudos! It looks lovely on you.
fabeins said... (6/1/08 10:27 AM) Reply
That's beautiful. DO wear it!
nglalala said... (6/1/08 10:08 AM) Reply
the skirt looks great!
Nancy Rhodes said... (6/1/08 8:10 AM) Reply
High contrast is high style.. great skirt... Great selection & execution. Wear it.. it is fabulous! So perfect for a little summer sizzle.
merteuil said... (6/1/08 7:55 AM) Reply
thanks morzel. I have some of both fabrics left over, and was considering using them to make a top. I was thinking of Vogue 8393 View C, with the upper part in cream, just as you suggest.
morzel said... (6/1/08 7:43 AM) Reply
The contrast is just what I like with this skirt! I find the colours much better chosen than the example on the patternpage. So go for it! Why not sew something matching for it? Black tee with cream neckband or such?

Understanding Wool Fabrics