Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Downloadable> 3607 (Jakob)

Reviewed by:squirrellypoo

About squirrellypoostarstarstarstar
United Kingdom
Member since: 3/27/05

Posted on:6/3/08 7:56 AM
Last Updated:6/3/08 8:18 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
Vintage Joan said... (9/9/08 12:45 PM) Reply
Hi again -- not to get nitpicky, but I just noticed that the Burdastyle pattern number for the Jakob shirt is actually - 6013 -. ;)
Mary Stiefer said... (6/5/08 10:08 AM) Reply
Great looking shirt. I guess I'm going to get Coffin's book about shirt making. Thanks for all the info.
Karen6790 said... (6/4/08 1:27 PM) Reply
Bravo to you for such a beautiful shirt, and bravo to James for picking out black buttons and having a thought about how he wants to wear the shirt. Reading David Coffin's book changed the way I do a lot of things, it's definitely one of those "can't go back" books. Did I mention I love the color?
EveS said... (6/3/08 9:00 PM) Reply
Thank you for this review! I downloaded this pattern a while ago after reading other good feedback about it...I guess I'll have to pull it out now. Beautiful work on the details! I love it!
sewinglinda said... (6/3/08 7:43 PM) Reply
super shirt melissa, it looks great and the black buttons give it a designer touch. well done!
Marji said... (6/3/08 3:01 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. I've got the book, and you make a great argument for getting it out and following the directions and making a shirt the right way. Happy to know that the pattern is true-to-size too.
Sigrid. said... (6/3/08 1:37 PM) Reply
Melissa, that's some result! Great fit and beautiful details. James is a lucky guy. I have this book and it has so much information. Thanks for all detail pictures too.
Lucia/Lyonel said... (6/3/08 1:15 PM) Reply
Love that Burda 8471 and LOVE Coffin's Shirtmaking book. Both winners! Great job on this one (I hate that bound placket too, heheh)
Luckylibbet said... (6/3/08 1:10 PM) Reply
Terrific shirt! Boyfriend looks absolutely amazing in it.
MagpieJen said... (6/3/08 11:53 AM) Reply
*swoon* I love menswear! That's a smashing shirt, and the tips are great, thanks so much!
Christina Sonja said... (6/3/08 11:35 AM) Reply
This inspires me to crack open my Coffin book. Fabulous shirt.
Allie in Hong Kong said... (6/3/08 10:55 AM) Reply
Excellent shirt! Thank you for the very detailed review and book recommendation.
michellep74 said... (6/3/08 10:49 AM) Reply
Great looking shirt! Your boyfriend looks great in it! Thanks for the detailed review--I may have to take a look at the David Coffin book.
Elona said... (6/3/08 10:47 AM) Reply
What a great shirt! Your guy looks terrific in it.
squirrellypoo said... (6/3/08 10:41 AM) Reply
thanks, Joan1954 - I didn't know it was a Burda envelope pattern, too (some of the BurdaStyle ones are reprints but some are originals)!
Vintage Joan said... (6/3/08 10:17 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review -- great shirt!! I agree with your boyfriend, the black buttons are a nice touch. By the way, for those of you who don't know, this is the same pattern as the famous Burda 8471 "easy" men's shirt. Great to have it available now on BurdaStyle! :)
SewKnitYKnot said... (6/3/08 8:49 AM) Reply
The shirt looks great! All the added touches really make such a difference. Glad you persevered with all the new techniques and customizations.
Darla in PA said... (6/3/08 8:33 AM) Reply
The shirt turned out great. All the details are wonderful. He's a lucky guy!
dbsewer said... (6/3/08 8:32 AM) Reply
Really lovely shirt. Remind him daily how lucky he is to have a GF who sews.
Karla Kizer said... (6/3/08 8:11 AM) Reply
I "discovered" this pattern 2 days ago, and I'm really pleased to see a review of it. I share your enthusiasm for the DPC book, too. Your shirt looks fantastic. Congratulations!

Merchant & Mills Panel dress