Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1025 (Misses Dress Anne Klein)

Reviewed by:Blooms

About Bloomsstarstarstar
Member since: 5/2/06
Posted on:6/6/08 8:09 AM
Last Updated:6/6/08 8:12 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
Blooms said... (1/1/09 2:58 AM) Reply
Hello Sewrose, I do like my looks better with a wide belt than the ribbon I have in the photo. I was excited to see the dress on the cover of Threads...dare I say, I like mine better than their velvet version...but I guess we all like our own sewing.
sewbarbie said... (11/24/08 2:29 AM) Reply
Congratulations, the dress looks very nice on you! I am almost finished with mine and like you found that it was huge. I had to take in quite a bit. It is pretty, but lots of fitting is necessary. I did it in plum wool crepe and it helps to be able to stretch and shrink the fabric.
sewrose said... (11/22/08 2:18 PM) Reply
Hi, I'm wondering if you still like your dress?? Your comments on PR were very helpful. I'm thinking about doing this in velvet. This design was on the cover of Threads in the U.S.
mikpit said... (6/18/08 10:08 AM) Reply
Dear Blooms - this is a lovely dress! I made it in sage green silk and used a really wide white belt which made it a little more casual. You might try a straw or jute colored belt to make yours more versatile. I love the way the burgundy turned out.
Morisot said... (6/7/08 1:49 PM) Reply
Annette1 - funny! That is exactly the first thing that popped into my mind too, "Greek goddess"
Annette1 said... (6/7/08 1:29 AM) Reply
You HAVE to wear this dress. You're a vision in it, truly. You're so pretty, you remind me of a Greek goddess or maybe even the lady on a cameo. :o) Wear it with pride, not only for all the fitting expertise it took to get there, but for the VISION it is in its finished state!
Heatherrique said... (6/6/08 11:48 PM) Reply
Absolutely a sizzling dress on you: the enticing color and sharp style! Your experience with this pattern is highly admirable. Kudos to you for making everything work!
Blooms said... (6/6/08 5:24 PM) Reply
Hello dingyadi...I am in Townsville, and we only have Spotlight, so I buy most my fabrics over the internet. This piece was from
CurlyCrafter said... (6/6/08 1:10 PM) Reply
Wow - what a ton of alterations - that would be mind boggling to me! You did a great job and I'm really impressed with how lovely it came out!
Re Becca said... (6/6/08 10:53 AM) Reply
Sounds like quite a journey. You should be proud of the results. I would have given up some time ago. You have a beautiful dress to show for all your time. This looks really good.
dingyadi said... (6/6/08 8:55 AM) Reply
That does look great on you - it is a very sophisticated dress. Can I ask you where you buy your fabric? I am in Perth and the fabric shops have dwindled dramatically, we are left with a couple of Lincrafts, Spotlight and Textile Traders. Not a lot of inspiring fabric options. The wool lycra you used looks gorgeous and a great choice for that style.

Self Drafted Pattern 281988-1009

by: SavageCoco

No Pattern Used ARM KNITTING

by: MinaLMcGra...

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

SewBaby Comfy-Alls and Knit Shirt Pattern