Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 05-2008-121 (dress)

Reviewed by:Sigrid.

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
MelissaB in WA said... (6/9/08 11:17 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress!
Nancy K said... (6/8/08 7:08 AM) Reply
Great dress. You look cool and classy in this one. Very flattering. I love your tips on the blog for this. Should make this a much easier sew.
cathy45 said... (6/7/08 10:49 AM) Reply
Love that bold print, perfect for this breezy summery dress. And your shoes are just too cute.
blue mooney said... (6/7/08 10:35 AM) Reply
Love the fabric you chose for this, and the contrast bands. It looks great! Sigrid, thanks so much for your alternate method of doing the front bands! I think I will do mine that way when the time comes.
Seamingly Simple said... (6/7/08 9:19 AM) Reply
Your dress is gorgeous and you found the perfect shoes to go with it. The print is very eye-catching: I love the large yet subtle numerals.
Debbie Cook said... (6/7/08 9:02 AM) Reply
Lovely dress!
MissCelie said... (6/7/08 8:06 AM) Reply
I want you to know I dreamt about this dress last night and I know the perfect fabric. Thanks for putting together such a great tutorial!
Annette1 said... (6/7/08 1:41 AM) Reply
Oh, Sigrid, you really outdid yourself on this one. This is SO flattering, and I love that print. The dress looks rather "blah" in the magazine picture, but both yours and Kay's have turned out BEAUTIFULLY! I haven't seen the other reviews yet, but this dress seems to be becoming a favorite for lots of us. :o)
Karen6790 said... (6/6/08 11:01 PM) Reply
The pictures in the magazine were beyond useless in showing what a great dress this is. Sigrid, thanks for the tip on the top construction - I'll see how I make out with the BWOF instructions, but yours make more sense to me already.
Lori V said... (6/6/08 9:50 PM) Reply
Such a wonderful dress. Great job.
Kay Y said... (6/6/08 8:34 PM) Reply
You and I agree perfectly on prints and patterns! Love your version - and I edited my review to note I too had raised the neck by 3cm - the perfect amount.
Birgitte said... (6/6/08 7:39 PM) Reply
Another fantastic version of this dress- I might just have to bite the bullet, if I can only find away around that v neck (just not good on me :-()
Beek said... (6/6/08 7:25 PM) Reply
You were up for the challenge and you succeeded with style! Beautiful dress.
CurlyCrafter said... (6/6/08 7:24 PM) Reply
I love that bold fabric - this dress seems perfect for it and it looks terrific!
michellep74 said... (6/6/08 5:41 PM) Reply
Very cute! All of the versions of this dress that have been posted here have been much nicer than the one in the magazine--yours is no exception.
cabinbaby said... (6/6/08 5:35 PM) Reply
Super cute! I really like the dress with those shoes too.

Favorite Things A Billfold Pattern