Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 06-2008-107 (Blouse)

Reviewed by:Sigrid.

About Sigrid.starstarstarstar
Netherlands
Member since: 11/14/06
Posted on:6/9/08 5:28 PM
Last Updated:6/9/08 5:34 PM

Sew4Fun said... (2/17/09 6:34 PM) Reply
Wonderful blouse, Sigrid! Thanks for all the tips as I'm thinking of sewing this pattern.
Katharine in BXL said... (7/21/08 3:34 PM) Reply
What a cute summer blouse! good idea with using narrower elastic, as drafted it would be too hot for summer. Now I'm curious about the English version too as I use the Dutch one also!
Debbie Cook said... (7/1/08 8:45 PM) Reply
Very pretty, Sigrid. I'm contemplating whether I want to grade this up or pick another blouse.
Sara The Slayer said... (6/24/08 11:51 AM) Reply
Thanks for the tip about the collar.
Kbenco said... (6/24/08 9:32 AM) Reply
Your blouse looks beautiful. Thank you for your very helpful review.
Jane S said... (6/23/08 10:51 AM) Reply
Lovely, love summer blouse, a wonderful combination of feminine but not fussy.
Katerina said... (6/15/08 0:33 AM) Reply
This looks great! I had seen this onthe review of June's issue online and I was thinking to do it. By the way I have not received my June issue yet and I don't know who to contact about it.I would appreciate help and info about it thanks.
Nancy K said... (6/11/08 5:30 PM) Reply
Yet another pattern on my list, so I appreciate the great review. It looks lovely on you; a nice combination of pattern and fabric
SheTee said... (6/11/08 0:13 AM) Reply
Wow - you're fast! I just got my issue today, and this was on my list for "first up". Glad to see your review first!
jkaori said... (6/10/08 3:45 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse! I'm inspired to put this on my list of summer projects!
Sigrid. said... (6/10/08 9:11 AM) Reply
Ladies, thanks for the compliments. Being in Europe makes me get my BWOF just a bit earlier than other areas of the world, though it was in the shops here even before I got mine in the mail. Fran G: it took me two evenings. Tracing, cutting and marking (I use wax paper) and sewing up the front and back on Sunday night. Sleeves and collar on Monday night. It is easy, and I'm very used to BWOF patterns.
Allie in Hong Kong said... (6/10/08 8:04 AM) Reply
Gosh you are quick, not that you'd know it from your workmanship! I love this design and the fabric you chose - it's a very flattering top on you.
Ronda Rae said... (6/10/08 8:01 AM) Reply
Wonderful! I can't wait to sew this one. Thanks for the thorough review. Love your blouse-material is great. I just received my issue yesterday and was looking through it at bedtime- this one is a definite yes.
Fran G said... (6/10/08 7:27 AM) Reply
A lovely blouse, Sigrid! Thanks you for your helpful hints per construction. A bit of a silly question: how long did it take you to make this blouse? From tracing to wearing?
lmg said... (6/9/08 11:24 PM) Reply
Really cute. And boy are you fast!
bugsnchita said... (6/9/08 11:18 PM) Reply
Heel mooi, hoor! Very nice, love!
MelissaB in WA said... (6/9/08 11:15 PM) Reply
Gosh you're so fast! That was one of the items I was immediately drawn to in this issue. Glad to see it sews up nicely - looks lovely on you!
Karen6790 said... (6/9/08 10:44 PM) Reply
I just got my issue today, too, and this is one of the first things I want to make. Your review convinced me - beautiful blouse, excellent work as always.
Diane E said... (6/9/08 8:54 PM) Reply
Sigrid, what a lovely blouse. Thank you for your thorough review and all the helpful tips. I love the fabric!
Lori V said... (6/9/08 7:20 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse, I just received my June issue today and this is one of the garments that caught my eye. Thanks for the helpful review.
Ann's Fashion Studio said... (6/9/08 7:20 PM) Reply
Such a pretty style. It fits you very nicely. You did a great job!
Annette1 said... (6/9/08 7:01 PM) Reply
WOW, this shows off your slim waist SO nicely! I certainly think you should make at least one more. And your ARMS are so pretty. I've always wished I had nice arms so I could wear short sleeves and sleeveless things. :o)BEAUTIFUL!
sewbehind said... (6/9/08 6:55 PM) Reply
I just got my BWOF today. You have something sewn up already and it looks fantastic. Now I have to look at my magazine.....
hongkongshopper said... (6/9/08 6:26 PM) Reply
Looks lovely Sigrid! You were quick in making it up.
CurlyCrafter said... (6/9/08 6:08 PM) Reply
Darling fabric and blouse! That is exactly the style I love!!! Great job.
michellep74 said... (6/9/08 5:54 PM) Reply
Cute blouse! It's so not fair that you already have this sewn up! I haven't even received my June issue yet!
lilyofthevalley said... (6/9/08 5:43 PM) Reply
Sigrid, thank you for reviewing this very beautiful blouse. I'm been looking at the line drawing, thinking that the elasticized side sections would create a very feminine silhouette - and you display that stylish femininity. You look chic and smart, and as always, your detail work is perfection, itself. Excellent, helpful review. Lovely, Lily

Understanding Knit Fabrics