Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5218 (MISSES' TOP AND TUNIC)

Reviewed by:CA Eisenhour

About CA Eisenhourstarstar
Member since: 7/22/06
Posted on:6/12/08 9:24 PM
Last Updated:6/14/08 6:35 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 4 people

brissie71 said... (8/25/10 5:00 AM) Reply
I'm really sad that I can't see the photos because, according to previous posters, they were fabulous. I'm just about to make this top...probably in a size 18/20 and would love to see your top. It's great that you've given it a good review, it gives me confidence that this style might suit me, too.
Aunt Gail said... (6/14/08 7:29 PM) Reply
YOu look absolutely stunning in that color. Self hotography is a pain but I think you did a pretty good job. The blouse is a great fit on you, especially through the shoulders.
Sweetiebop said... (6/14/08 2:36 PM) Reply
You are hilarious. Great review and Beautiful blouse especially in that color. I love that linen that JoAnn keeps in stock. Keep making us laugh.
PsychedOnSewing said... (6/13/08 9:15 PM) Reply
Connie, thanks for the giggles! I loved your blouse - I just bought this pattern and now can't wait to sew it.
Heatherrique said... (6/13/08 11:44 AM) Reply
Yeah, Connie! See, isn't it wonderful to sew for yourself? This is definitely a gorgeous and flattering top with your signature stamp of superb quality. Thanks also for the heads up on this cool fabric! Somehow, I skipped over this pattern and now you convinced me to take a further look. You are so lively and adorable and keep the reviews coming!
Luckylibbet said... (6/13/08 11:34 AM) Reply
LOL - thanks for the review and the pics to brighten up my day! The shirt looks absolutely terrific on you. And hey Annette, if you see this, I vote for you to make it too - looks right up your alley!
AnneMarie60 said... (6/13/08 10:37 AM) Reply
This blouse looks great on you. It hangs and drapes beautifully.
Bernadette W said... (6/13/08 10:30 AM) Reply
Ava looks darling in her wardrobe--lovely work on her dresses as well!
Larkin said... (6/13/08 10:10 AM) Reply
Thanks for the detail about the Joann's linen - it looks great! Nice top. Great slideshow!
michellep74 said... (6/13/08 1:32 AM) Reply
This is the second winner of a top that I've seen made from this pattern. I've had my eye on it, and both your version and the other version on here look nicer than the drawings on the envelope.
Lesalicious said... (6/13/08 0:44 AM) Reply
Loving the blouse looks good on you. I am not a yellow fan lol but, have to say loving that yellow.:) great job.
MelissaB in WA said... (6/12/08 11:50 PM) Reply
Your pictures and commentary crack me up! BTW, I think we have the same camera. Pretty blouse, the color looks very nice on you.
piffle said... (6/12/08 10:13 PM) Reply
What a nice looking top! Tell us more about this mystery linen that appears to stay pressed for more than 30 seconds :) I wouldn't have considered this pattern before I saw your review. This is really classy.
Athene said... (6/12/08 9:59 PM) Reply
A very good looking top. Also I love all your pictures - I have seen myself with that wide eyed look when I have stayed up too late or all night sewing.
kimmielovesparis said... (6/12/08 9:49 PM) Reply
You're so funny! I really love your blouse - great job.
Annette1 said... (6/12/08 9:42 PM) Reply
You know, I've been eyeing this pattern and eyeing this pattern, and now I think I MUST get it. I've not heard of Ameratto linen, but it sure does up nicely! Your top has turned out beautifully, and the color really becomes you. As for pictures, I have to take about NINETY to get ONE good one, and your GOOFY ones look better than any of my ninety! :o)

Pamela's Patterns Magic Pencil Skirt Pattern