Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 11-2007-112 (Dress)

Reviewed by:blue mooney

Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 12 people

Swim Style Patterns

Swimwear Gymwear Patterns

nicegirl said... (6/16/08 1:24 PM) Reply
Your version is so much cuter than I pictured from the BWOF photo! Now I wish I was tall. Not for the first time.
Luckylibbet said... (6/16/08 11:47 AM) Reply
Love that linen print - you're FINE already with the placement - and it looks so good on you! Congrats on the first dress in a decade!
Annette1 said... (6/16/08 0:06 AM) Reply
Wow, first dress in a decade, and a fine looking one at that! It's very flattering, and I particularly like your placement of the print on the bodice.
OP Gal said... (6/15/08 11:09 PM) Reply
Very pretty, and the colors are luscious. I especially like the way you've centered the motif in the front. I think the front skirt looks fine.
Mahler said... (6/15/08 8:50 PM) Reply
I lllloooovvvveee the fabric you chose. This is such a great dress.
ncegbu said... (6/15/08 2:22 PM) Reply
Your dress looks great. Thanks for the review. I assumed it was a knit, but I see you did it in linen. I will have to try this one out. -Nneka
Irene Q said... (6/15/08 1:28 PM) Reply
I wasn't impressed with the dress in the magazine, but I love your garden party version!! I'm a borderline "tall", too, so the review was really helpful.
PVA said... (6/15/08 11:34 AM) Reply
Oh, I *Love* it -- the fabric, the way you used the print -- the soft-summery look -- thanks so much for this review.
Kay Y said... (6/15/08 11:19 AM) Reply
This is just beautiful! It makes me want a dress just like it.
Heatherrique said... (6/15/08 11:03 AM) Reply
Ooh la la! Your dress is extraordinarily beautiful! You look spectacular and I love the style!
Beek said... (6/15/08 10:06 AM) Reply
You look great in this lovely dress. YOur placement of the flowers are perfect and that point you made about the pleats located in the CF and CB makes sense!
Ronda Rae said... (6/15/08 9:07 AM) Reply
I really like this! It look great on. Great marriage of pattern and fabric, too.
CarolynGM said... (6/15/08 7:10 AM) Reply
The print placements looks just fine to me. Looks like a well drafted pattern -- I especially like the absence of pleats on the sides. Good choice for your first dress in 10 years.
michellep74 said... (6/14/08 11:28 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress! I love your interpretation of the original design--you translated it nicely to a summer dress. It looks great on you!
Kaitlinnegan said... (6/14/08 11:05 PM) Reply
Such a pretty dress, and the fabric is just gorgeous! I think you did a fine job with the placement of the print - it doesn't look "off" to me, just pretty! :)
piffle said... (6/14/08 10:15 PM) Reply
very nice! I love your fabric choice.
rivergum said... (6/14/08 9:58 PM) Reply
Lovely looking dress! I bet it is very cool and comfortable to wear.
Patti B said... (6/14/08 9:20 PM) Reply
I like it! And I don't think the placement of the flowers on the front skirt is a problem. The location of the pleats is slimming.

Tilly and the Buttons Megan Dress