Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3161

Member since: 11/28/01
Posted on:7/7/03 1:35 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people

Rhonda Noah said... (7/20/03 8:10 PM) Reply
I love that fabric! That looks great and the fit is terrific. BTW, did you see Mini's comment on SW re: the shoulder/armhole drafting? She thinks there may be a drafting error.
Ann C said... (7/10/03 2:11 PM) Reply
What a perfect fit between fabric and pattern!
Deepika said... (7/10/03 9:25 AM) Reply
Hells Bells if you click on the SewingPatterns.com button right under the review, it takes you to the pattern page. They have it in stock.
Hells Bells said... (7/9/03 10:09 PM) Reply
I would like this top but it's no longer in the catalogue - 3 days later? Or is it an Australian thing? Where could I buy one I wonder?
SouthernStitch said... (7/9/03 7:03 PM) Reply
Thanks for the explanation. I just got this pattern in from a co-op and can't wait to make it up!
Shoiley said... (7/8/03 11:54 AM) Reply
Well done Deepika!
Georgene said... (7/7/03 11:34 PM) Reply
Great fabric, and very nice in this pattern. Absolutely a classic! I'll be interested to see your other versions as well.
Amanda L said... (7/7/03 11:28 PM) Reply
Groovy, D! Totally 60's, man, but perfect for '03. It looks great on you. And I'm really glad to learn of an easy pattern for wovens that has style and is a little more fitted.
AnneM said... (7/7/03 9:58 PM) Reply
I agree; this is a nice pattern that I would not have looked at twice without the reviews & project pictures.
Deepika said... (7/7/03 9:44 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone! I wore it to work today and I must say it was very comfortable. I went to Joanns also to pick up some interfacing and I got a lot of compliments on this. Karla the lady behind the cutting table also said that I looked right out of 60s ;-) She said those were 'creative' days. Mary A salwar kameez (pants & tunic) is an indian dress comprising of a long tunic (these days the short ones are in vogue) and drawstring pants (generally very full and they have a yoke at the top). Something like this although this is a more modern version of a salwar kameez which I normally wear :)
Karla Kizer said... (7/7/03 9:12 PM) Reply
Looks great, D! The fabric and the pattern are a perfect combination, and the fit is just right. And I love the fact that what was worn when I was in college is new again. At least, I THINK I love it....
SouthernStitch said... (7/7/03 7:03 PM) Reply
Classy print and it fits so well! What is a salwar kameez if you don't mind my asking?
jlg said... (7/7/03 4:59 PM) Reply
Love your top. I just bought this pattern; now I can't wait to make it.
Leslie in Austin said... (7/7/03 2:35 PM) Reply
Love, love, love this fabric, Deepika!
Debbie Spriggs said... (7/7/03 2:00 PM) Reply
This top looks great on you! Love it with the jeans. Wonderful pattern/fabric combo. The colors compliment you beautifully!
MaryBeth said... (7/7/03 1:51 PM) Reply
Pretty, D, looks good with jeans and not too busy. A flowing skirt would balance out the wider sleeves. I love the fabric.

Ottobre Woman Magazine 05-2010-11