Pattern Reviews> McCall's> M4817 (6 great looks, 1 easy pattern)

Reviewed by:heathercampbell29

About heathercampbell29star
Member since: 5/23/08
Posted on:6/22/08 11:13 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 1 people

Other Projects by heathercampbell29 using this Pattern

Nancy Anne said... (8/18/08 1:01 PM) Reply
What a stinkin' cute dress! I am sure your daughter is thrilled with it!
Amanda S. said... (6/30/08 3:11 PM) Reply
Your girls dresses are so pretty. I have 2 boys and wish I had a little girl to sew for.
Kbenco said... (6/24/08 9:14 PM) Reply
A really pretty dress, it is great that you could find a fabric similar to that on the pattern envelope to keep your little one happy. Gathering is a pain. I get my girls to help pull up the threads, and 4 or so is a great age for "help"!, then they think they have sewn it themselves. - or maybe I should look for a ruffling foot too, that twirl factor is very important!
Annette1 said... (6/23/08 7:25 PM) Reply
My gosh, that IS a lot of gathering -- ha! -- but so worth it for the resulting twirl factor! Such a cute and summery little dress, I know your daughter will love it.
pterion said... (6/22/08 8:10 PM) Reply
This is a very sweet little dress. All the time spent gathering was worth it.
heathercampbell29 said... (6/22/08 4:10 PM) Reply
Heatherrique, I read your review before I started sewing and was worried about that bottom tier, but I didn't have any trouble with having enough fabric. The one thing that was a bit unexpected is that you are supposed to cut 3 of the bottom tier and sew them together (I expected 2) so maybe that is why your bottom tier seemed small? Maybe you only cut 2? Anyhow, thanks for the comment!
Heatherrique said... (6/22/08 3:16 PM) Reply
Such a delightful and enchanting dress for that lucky little girl! I agree about the tiers and what seems endless gathering! Wonderful first review and looking forward to reading more!
heathercampbell29 said... (6/22/08 2:25 PM) Reply
Thanks, Ronda65! I will check out the ruffler foot. I have an older (80's) Pfaff so sometimes finding feet is a bit of a trick. I found PR because DD was asking for disney princess dresses and there are some great reviews of those on here.
Ronda Rae said... (6/22/08 11:38 AM) Reply
Very adorable. I have made this pattern so I understand the gathering. Although, I have a ruffler with my machine. Since you have a girl, I suggest buying one for your machine. It makes gathering soooo easy! Welcome to PR and great first review. Hope to see more- I love little girls' clothing.