Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6621 (Misses Blouse)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:6/22/08 3:03 PM
Last Updated:8/12/08 9:06 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
Annette1 said... (8/14/08 1:50 PM) Reply
WHAT could be more PERFECT for a math teacher? This just has "you" written all over it -- ha! Your kids are goign to love this top, too. Of course, it doesn't hurt matters that it fits you perfectly!
Karen8320 said... (8/14/08 5:47 AM) Reply
Louella, what an absolutely perfect print for you! It's such a talking point for adults and kids alike. Your students must be blown away, I'm sure, when you wear it. Whenever I think of Math and numbers, there is one song that pops into my mind before all others. I don't even have to think about it. It is just there. It's what I thought about as soon as I saw your top. It was an absolutely huge hit in Australia and New Zealand in 1981 by the Swingers. It's called Counting the Beat. Enjoy!
Athene said... (8/14/08 2:25 AM) Reply
You look great in both blouses. I especially like the number version you made.
Mahogany Stylist said... (8/13/08 11:45 PM) Reply
Just as cute the second time around.
Catbird said... (8/13/08 7:57 PM) Reply
This is such a flattering top for you -- it looks great!
Re Becca said... (8/13/08 3:16 PM) Reply
Great fit!
kusine said... (8/13/08 12:49 PM) Reply
Great job! Love the numbers fabric.
nicegirl said... (8/13/08 11:10 AM) Reply
Oh, cute! The numbers fabric is perfect for you!
annie11 said... (8/13/08 9:33 AM) Reply
How perfect this is for a math teacher! Love the fit of this pattern on you too. Off to see the video now!
Frogstitcher said... (8/13/08 9:09 AM) Reply
Ooo, so cute and fun. I just love the fabric and I agree that this version fits very nicely.
Marji said... (8/13/08 8:02 AM) Reply
Your fit is fantastic. And what a fun print.
sewtime said... (8/13/08 8:00 AM) Reply
Cute blouse! Thank you for the great review!
shesflipped said... (8/13/08 7:51 AM) Reply
What a GREAT top from everyone's favorite Math Teacher! I truly hope you'll wear this on the first day of school! Also, loved 'Mathematicious'. What a hoot!
EveS said... (8/13/08 1:37 AM) Reply
Soooo, you gonna wear this to work? ;) Your kids must love you! This is a fabulous top and really quite a flattering shape for you! I've seen this fabric in the past and must admit that after yours and contrariwise's reviews, I'm a bit sad that I didn't get any. Great job...you did it justice!!!
Em's Summer said... (8/13/08 0:43 AM) Reply
I LOVE numbers!!!! And that fabric makes this another really cute version of that top! As usual, GREAT JOB!!!
nicegirl said... (6/25/08 10:17 AM) Reply
Another great top from you! I like the details on this one.
Kbenco said... (6/24/08 6:45 PM) Reply
I really like this blouse on you. I particularly like how you have placed the fabric with the darker sections in the middle.
ChristineX said... (6/24/08 6:30 PM) Reply
Love it!
suzanrossi said... (6/24/08 10:12 AM) Reply
Beautiful, Heather!
Frogstitcher said... (6/24/08 9:40 AM) Reply
Oh, so very cute. Your fabric choice makes your top look so fresh and summery. I've noticed the BWOF also recommends sewing up the hem on shirts before attaching the front bands.
Mahogany Stylist said... (6/23/08 5:58 PM) Reply
Nice blouse. Very flattering. I've had this pattern for a couple years, but have yet to try it. May be I'll add it to my to do list-fall 2008.
RobinMCPA said... (6/23/08 2:18 PM) Reply
Looks great!! Thanks for the tips on the sizing too!
gatorgirl4325 said... (6/23/08 2:08 PM) Reply
I love that blouse on you - the color, the fit - everything is perfect!!
Karen8320 said... (6/23/08 10:11 AM) Reply
I think this shirt looks really, really lovely on you - and most definitely flattering! The neckline certainly doesn't look too low in the photo, however only you know what is comfortable for you. You've done a very professional job on all of the details. Fabulous, as always!
Kiwi Girl said... (6/23/08 0:58 AM) Reply
Wow I really like this style on you - the fitted style and v-neck is very flattering. I think the colour is lovely and fresh too.
Em's Summer said... (6/22/08 10:20 PM) Reply
This top looks great! I love the fabric that you picked! It goes perfectly with that style! You did a stupendous job on this as you always do with everything you sew! Wonderful job!
pterion said... (6/22/08 7:30 PM) Reply
Your blouse looks very cute on you! Love the cheery fabric. Nice version of this pattern.
JMarie1962 said... (6/22/08 7:05 PM) Reply
I too love this shirt on you! You always find the cutest prints! I'm planning on making this again but will take up the neckline a bit. It's not as low as some things I've made but not appropriate at work for someone my height... when everyone else towers over me :~ Once again - great job! :)
Annette1 said... (6/22/08 7:00 PM) Reply
Wow! You know, I think this is my favorite blouse yet on you. :o) I LOVE the front bands and the seaming detail in the front, all of which make it SO flattering. Man, I wish this one came in my size, but it wouldn't look like yours then anyway -- ha! This is AWESOME!
michellep74 said... (6/22/08 5:20 PM) Reply
Very pretty blouse! Thanks for the heads up about the various sizing issues, etc.
leanmeansewingmachine said... (6/22/08 5:07 PM) Reply
Great blouse!
Katey said... (6/22/08 4:51 PM) Reply
I also made this pattern and found it ran quite large. Next time I will go down one or two sizes. But the style is great as is your choice of fabric
GorgeousFabrics said... (6/22/08 3:57 PM) Reply
Love it!
Ronda Rae said... (6/22/08 3:21 PM) Reply
Very cute! I have this pattern and made a muslin with it. When I was finished with the muslin I tossed it aside. The fitting issues for the bust were my reason. I may take it back out and fiddle with it but I was not interested in doing so at the time. Your review and outcome make me want to visit this pattern again. Wonderful blouse- it looks really good on you!

Other GNBBS: Shirtwaist Dress