Online Sewing Class: Understanding Sheer Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5577 (Suspender-Style Jumper)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:6/26/08 10:17 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people

Sweater knit fabrics

babysewalot said... (10/21/10 1:52 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress. Thanks for the review.
Bonnie123 said... (7/15/08 3:11 PM) Reply
Great job!!!!
Trenessa said... (7/11/08 11:42 AM) Reply
I too saw the envelope and wasn't really moved by it, except that it looked fairly easy. But you have given it a whole new life. They ought to have your dress on the envelope! I love it!
Amber in Norfolk said... (7/10/08 4:05 PM) Reply
I'm glad to see this worked out. I just bought this pattern since Joann's was having a $1.99 sale. Can't wait to try it. Hoping the pleats on my considerable rear aren't a bad call. Ha.
Stephdaballer said... (6/30/08 6:32 PM) Reply
That is soo cute. I want to go out and buy it now!! I looked at it b4 but the envelope didn't appeal to me. Your dress really cathches my eye. Thanks!
born2bead said... (6/27/08 3:53 PM) Reply
Absolutely fab and I love the retro print with the orange!
cindyann said... (6/27/08 11:22 AM) Reply
Adorable!
Markie1 said... (6/26/08 11:24 PM) Reply
Awww--this is TOO cute! And your buttons are amazing. I have a friend who is really fine sewer and she could not figure this pattern out, so IK wasn't going to try. But now....
spice30 said... (6/26/08 10:23 PM) Reply
Such a cute dress and I love the fabric!
Mahler said... (6/26/08 9:44 PM) Reply
This not very grown up pattern and fabric suits you wonderfully. This jumper is pretty and original. Bravo !
AnneMarie60 said... (6/26/08 7:45 PM) Reply
Beyond cute! Great choices of everything and excellent work!
Karen8320 said... (6/26/08 7:20 PM) Reply
I really love the uniqueness and ingenuity of everything that you sew. You manage to look great in every different style that you create. Great work!
Gelbean said... (6/26/08 6:32 PM) Reply
Love it! Love it! Love it!
Puppy said... (6/26/08 4:35 PM) Reply
Everyone has already used up all the superlatives, so I'll just especially agree with it being a happy dress, the fabric is terrific, and you look extremely cute in it. It's just a real winner. Oh, yes, and I agree with the idea that you should create your own line of clothing!
Mufffet said... (6/26/08 3:32 PM) Reply
As usual, your outfit is CUTE CUTE CUTE!! Great fabric, color and fit and you pull it off so well!
gatorgirl4325 said... (6/26/08 3:28 PM) Reply
I really want some IKEA fabric - unfortunately, the closest store is 5 hours away from me. :( Love your jumper!! I agree with Karen6790 - that fabric *is* happy!! The buttons are terrific!
Heatherrique said... (6/26/08 3:08 PM) Reply
You go-go-go NiceGirl! I love the eyecatching print and the free-spirited style on you! It seems like IKEA is the place for those cool fabrics and I want those out-a-sight buttons! Grrrrrrrroovy!
cindy-lou said... (6/26/08 3:02 PM) Reply
That dress is about the cutest thing I have seen in a LONG time. The buttons just add to the look. And you...um... MADE them?!?! Unbelievably cute! I thought I was achieving something making a covered button. You go!
Meggie LuLu said... (6/26/08 2:28 PM) Reply
What a CUTE jumper!!!! I just LOVE it!!!
carolynw said... (6/26/08 2:20 PM) Reply
You and your dress - just too cute for words - love it and the fabric is just so right for this
LindsayT said... (6/26/08 1:34 PM) Reply
You make the zippiest dresses. I think you need to start your own clothing line--you're so unique!
Karen6790 said... (6/26/08 11:36 AM) Reply
That is just the happiest fabric. It's perfect for this jumper. (And I'm in my mid-40s and would wear a variation on this, so I don't think you'll have to worry, the pattern will wait for you in 10 years).
ZoeP said... (6/26/08 10:59 AM) Reply
I love, love, love the colors and they look great on you.

Patrones Magazine 293-27