Online Sewing Class: Leather 101
Misses Sizes (Bust 30" - 44.5")] [Women's sizes (Bust 43" - 55")]">Fit the Tee to a T Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3484 (Men's casual shirt)

Reviewed by:EveS

About EveSstarstarstarstar
MI USA
Member since: 11/26/06
Posted on:6/27/08 11:17 PM

See other patterns in this category: Mens - Shirts
ITAdmin said... (7/1/08 7:23 AM) Reply
I'm with you on the collar; I don't much like this style even for women's shirts. I do think it has a place on casual men's shirts meant to be worn outside the pants, what my DH calls a fat man's shirt. I'm starting to warm up to the style a little, especially since it's so easy to make. I like the stripes on this fabric; too bad it didn't really work out.
FloraNature said... (6/28/08 12:38 PM) Reply
I love that fabric! It looks so cool and summery. I can see this on the beach.
michellep74 said... (6/28/08 12:05 PM) Reply
You had me laughing out loud with the Charlie Sheen comment. I bought this pattern to make shirts for my fiance, and something about it seemed "off" to me...you nailed it with the Charlie Sheen crack!
Meggie LuLu said... (6/28/08 11:14 AM) Reply
WOW!!! You did such a NICE job!!!
Elona said... (6/28/08 2:53 AM) Reply
No offense taken or intended, Eve. I see what you mean about this particular shirt: More, what, utilitarian than one might want, eh? The plain lines of the pattern do seem to cry out for, as you said, something really loud, like a Hawaiian print, or the Charlie Sheen look. Sometimes the best solution IS an accident in the laundry room.
EveS said... (6/28/08 1:05 AM) Reply
Thank you, Elona. I meant no offense to anyone who wears (or makes) this type of shirt...it's just not a style that DH cares for, nor is it flattering to his body type. Re the Hawaiian prints...DH has exactly one, and he rarely wears it, so I probably wouldn't want to make him more than one more. And as I noted, what REALLY caused the issue was the combination of fabric and pattern (my Mom even confirmed my pj theory). I always worry that DH will wear what I make just so he doesn't hurt my feelings. After being w/ the man for almost 20 yrs, I can guarantee that this is one of those shirts. Again, nothing wrong with the principle of the shirt, but it's just not his personal style so I won't be making him any more.
Elona said... (6/28/08 0:38 AM) Reply
I think it's a handsome shirt of its type. That stand-less collar is typical of the style, and works just fine for my dh. He, by the way, is a teacher, and has for decades favored Hawaiian shirts for on-the-job wear. He thinks it wakes the kids up (and certainly his fabric choices do!). You ask 'how many Hawaiian prints can (or should) a guy have??' Mine has a couple of dozen I have made him--and I ain't done yet. His closet looks like a rainbow.

by: Marie367