Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Last Updated:6/28/08 11:54 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
Eve27546 said... (8/2/11 1:34 PM) Reply
I love the style of the pattern and your choice of fabric. You look great! I'm going to give it a try.
AnneM said... (7/11/08 8:43 PM) Reply
You look like a model in your photo. Very nice summer-style top. Love all the pleating.
Amber in Norfolk said... (7/11/08 8:30 AM) Reply
Great top!
Athene said... (7/10/08 7:22 PM) Reply
Definitely you could go to a smaller size next time, but even so, its a very neat looking top - very nice job on the pleating.
Sew4Fun said... (7/10/08 6:55 AM) Reply
Very pretty blouse. You did an excellent job on the pleats and the round yoke. I could tell before even reading your review that you had spent a lot of time pressing. Well done on a nicely made top!
MissCelie said... (7/8/08 7:25 AM) Reply
Great top. The colors are awesome!
seweibhlin said... (7/1/08 8:17 AM) Reply
beautiful top,perfect for summer, thanks for your review,think I will make this one for sure
Lynnelle said... (6/29/08 8:41 AM) Reply
Nice top. It looks great on you.
Debbie Cook said... (6/29/08 8:16 AM) Reply
It turned out very cute. Pretty fabric. But I agree you should definitely go a size or two smaller for the next one.
donna mel said... (6/29/08 7:44 AM) Reply
this top looks fantastic on you. great fabric!
Mirza said... (6/29/08 6:39 AM) Reply
I have this pattern and I am so glad you reviewed it. It is so cute. I like the fact that it doesn't have buttonholes just buttons so I thought it might be quick and easy. I think it looks great on you and that you did a great job!!
Gelbean said... (6/29/08 5:23 AM) Reply
Very cute Summery top. I love the floral print. I agree with EveS as far as the pattern sizes and you not looking like a plus size. Compare your measurements to the flat pattern pieces. Great job and thanks for the review.
EveS said... (6/29/08 0:28 AM) Reply
Very cute top and very tiki-worthy! :) FWIW, I find that the Big 4 run big in general, and you don't look all that "plus" to me. I teeter on plus in pattern land...I tried one K. Ali plus pattern and it swam on me. Without knowing your measurements (and only seeing you in this very flowy top) it's hard to tell for sure, but it definitely looks like you might not need to buy plus-specific patterns.
kimmielovesparis said... (6/29/08 0:03 AM) Reply
Very cute top - you look lovely.
christea said... (6/28/08 11:56 PM) Reply
I am having much trouble including pattern info. It is McCall's 5589. Sorry about that!

Victory Madeleine Paper Pattern