Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> WK-MTAD (Weekender Monaco Top & Dress)

Reviewed by:squirrellypoo

About squirrellypoostarstarstarstar
United Kingdom
Member since: 3/27/05
Posted on:7/4/08 12:46 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people

said... (4/3/09 3:23 PM) Reply
And to think I just ordered this pattern! Hope I can cancel it.
Nancywin said... (7/16/08 11:58 AM) Reply
I was just going to order this pattern. I'm glad I read your review first!
wisechick said... (7/8/08 1:45 AM) Reply
Wow! I love the illustrations on hot patterns (yes they do look hot!) and have been very tempted to go for it, but everything I read is negative. The latest was a blogger (who also reviews here) who is an expert sewer and she had trouble with the jeans. She ended up having to get help from the owner of hot patterns. While that's really nice that owner helped, it does not bode well for the product. A pattern should be self explanatory. Especially to an expert sewer. Hot Patterns, if you're reading this, every one of these reviews is costing you a customer: ME. I'm so glad I read your review squirrelypoo. Thanks for taking the time to give so many details. And I'm sorry you had an unpleasant experience. Like you, I really, really want to like hot patterns. Of every thing in their line, this looks like most interesting dress and I really want it. (The dress in the illustration,t hat is.) The marketing for hot patterns is great. It seems like they need to really, really work on their product. PS I specifically searched for this review, because i wanted to make this dress. I will now be passing on it.
Danvillegirl said... (7/5/08 7:58 PM) Reply
I have not tried this pattern but some HP patterns have not worked at all for me. Many people have good success with them. I unfortunately have not. I do like the cover looks on their patterns, so up to date and trendy looking.
Nancy K said... (7/4/08 7:56 PM) Reply
There are some Hot Patterns that I love, and then there are those like yours that just don't work! It is a lovely style in the drawing, a shame that it was so badly designed.
librarylady said... (7/4/08 6:18 PM) Reply
Whew! Thanks for the warning... I was thinking of this but you saved me.
Winifred said... (7/4/08 5:51 PM) Reply
What a shame ! And how frustrating for you - I dont think I've ever heard such a long list of errors and I've seen a few in my time. I hope you will take the time to put Hot Patterns right on these points - they need to get their act together and check properly before issueing for sale and causing endless time and frustration. Now...... find some really lovely fabric in your stash and an equally loved TNT or the like and settle to make a "WOW" for us all to drool over!! ( By the way, I did just that many years ago(complained loudly)when Weldon patterns were around and I had them grovelling at my feet - I was only 15 and so chuffed about it. Go girl )
michellep74 said... (7/4/08 4:22 PM) Reply
Wow, thanks for the helpful, informative review. It's always good to read about *why* a pattern doesn't work, rather than just the fact that it didn't work.
Kitty Couture said... (7/4/08 2:14 PM) Reply
Aw, what a shame! I'm sure your next project will be a flamboyant success from beginning to end :)
Leora said... (7/4/08 1:20 PM) Reply
I have this one too. Maybe someday I'll get to it but, er, maybe not. Sorry it didn't work out for you. How frustrating to have 2 baddies in a row! You need some new shoes to cheer you up!!!
SansSouci572 said... (7/4/08 1:17 PM) Reply
Oh! I wanted it too! Maybe you could ask for a refund? I wonder if they would...
narcissaqtpie said... (7/4/08 1:07 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. i have this pattern and have been wanting to try it, but I think I'll just pass. Simplicity 2942 is similar looking with the bib and v neckline that myself & others have had success with. I'll post a review.
jent said... (7/4/08 1:04 PM) Reply
What a disappointment! It looks like it should be so cute too. I was going to try this one too - but I guess I'll look for something else. Thanks for the warning.

Pattern Work