Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5652 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:JuliaS

About JuliaSstarstarstar
UT USA
Member since: 3/29/04
Posted on:7/7/08 9:25 AM

CynthiaSue said... (7/7/08 2:57 PM) Reply
Thats why you haven't been sewing. You've been in the first trimester!!! It is so hard to even move and in that heat! This is a great dress. Congratulations on the wee one! Can't wait to see the cute maternity clothes you'll make!
Annette1 said... (7/7/08 2:54 PM) Reply
CONGRATULATIONS!! Finally, someone who can ask, "Does this dress make me look pregnant," and we don't have to worry about a politically correct answer (like I would anyway). :o) Your dress turned out just PERFECTLY, and I love the RED. ALSO appreciate the picture of your full bust adjustment. One good thing about Texas, if it gets too hot, you can always step outside into the 90-mile-an-hour winds to (not) cool off. :o) 'Course, that all depends on WHERE in Texas you are, but in my old stomping arounds, it's certainly true.
Amanda S. said... (7/7/08 2:15 PM) Reply
This dress looks great on you. Red is my favorite color, so I'm liking the fabric choice as well. Great job on using the current maternity look to your advantage.
SewLil said... (7/7/08 1:09 PM) Reply
Very cute dress. I am boggled by the alteration you had to make but that's just cuz I haven't gotten there yet. Nice to see you less covered up. My mom lives inTX. We stay inside when we visit LOL. Congrats on the babe.
Irene said... (7/7/08 12:44 PM) Reply
What a fabulous dress on you! The FBA photos is worth more than a thousand words. What great drafting intuition you have!
MissCelie said... (7/7/08 12:36 PM) Reply
First, congrats! This is adorable! My friend in Texas bemoans those summers every year. What a lot of changes for you!
CurlyCrafter said... (7/7/08 12:04 PM) Reply
You look so great in this dress and I think it will be fabulous pregnant or non-pregnant. Cute!!!
michellep74 said... (7/7/08 11:52 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress! Congratulations on your pregnancy!
heathercampbell29 said... (7/7/08 11:19 AM) Reply
it's very cute and I think post-pregnancy, you could put a nice wide belt around at "empire" waist height to remove some fullness and you'd have a really nice summer dress that didn't look too maternity.
Twinset said... (7/7/08 11:15 AM) Reply
Very cute dress! Nice print, nice color on you!
Sewliz said... (7/7/08 11:10 AM) Reply
It's beautiful! And so are you! Congrats!!!
angie.a said... (7/7/08 9:57 AM) Reply
Congratulations Julia!! How exciting for you, DH & DD! The dress is fabulous! HAHA at the maternity look finally workin for ya!
Meggie LuLu said... (7/7/08 9:42 AM) Reply
What a CUTE dress!!! I just LOVE it!!! You did an excellent job!!!

Kwik Sew 2100