Pattern Reviews> Stretch & Sew> F828 (Misses' Tank Swimsuit)

Reviewed by:tucci4me

About tucci4mestar
Member since: 5/22/07
Posted on:7/11/08 12:57 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
tucci4me said... (7/14/08 11:41 AM) Reply
Hi Folks, thanks for all the lovely compliments. It makes it worth actually posing for the photo. Oh, and yes Lisa, I did put in the bandeau (shelf bra) lining and it seems to be adequate support. I skipped the bra cups because the suit I was copying didn't have them either.
Mary Stiefer said... (7/14/08 10:08 AM) Reply
Well done - this looks fabulous on you - love the fabric.
Jolet said... (7/12/08 2:56 PM) Reply
Hi, what a challenge! I've never tried to make a swimsuit. But with your review and suggestions I might try it!!
Peggy L said... (7/12/08 8:38 AM) Reply
Great suit. I really like the fabric you used. Stretch & Sew always have great directions.
Darla in PA said... (7/12/08 7:40 AM) Reply
Beautiful swimsuit! It looks wonderful on you.
Karen8320 said... (7/12/08 6:15 AM) Reply
Fantastic work, Ann, and thanks for modelling your swimsuit. You look terrific in it!!! You've done a great job in modifying your pattern to give you a look you wanted. Well done!
Cre8tv said... (7/12/08 0:16 AM) Reply
Great looking suit! I like how you modified based on a well-loved suit. Is there any *reinforcement* for the bust area?
sewbehind said... (7/11/08 6:14 PM) Reply
You would long and hard before you found a suit like this. Congratulations! You look great by the way.
tucci4me said... (7/11/08 4:54 PM) Reply
Hi kellyt, the pattern has a chart that explains what length elastic to use for each size. At the bottom of each chart for neckline, arms and leg elastic it gives you a ratio, for instance the neckline is a 1:1 ratio minus 2 inches. I just turned my measuring tape on edge and measured the outside edge of each pattern piece. Then I subtracted the seam allowances and used their suggested ratios and it worked out great.
JuliaS said... (7/11/08 3:57 PM) Reply
That is a fantastic swimsuit! I've been mulling trying out swimwear myself and it is so helpful to see great examples like yours.
JMarie1962 said... (7/11/08 2:20 PM) Reply
Great-looking suit! With the small amount of fabric required to make a suit like this, it's a wonder we all haven't tried making one (or more). A real cost-savings and fantastic fit can't be beat! Nice job!
Lynngray said... (7/11/08 1:28 PM) Reply
Wow, it looks great on you. Great Job
kellyt said... (7/11/08 1:28 PM) Reply
Your suit came out great! How did you figure out the elastic length for your alterations?
Jatman said... (7/11/08 1:10 PM) Reply
Your suit looks like dynamite on you! Nice job!

by: cleverclog...