Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2003-115 (Jacket - princess line seams)

Reviewed by:Sigrid.

About Sigrid.starstarstarstar
Netherlands
Member since: 11/14/06
Posted on:7/13/08 10:04 AM

pdiddly said... (3/10/11 2:59 AM) Reply
what a beautiful jacket - I am tryig to improve my tayloring techniques too so have ordered the book it looks great. Have never made a burda pattern from the magazine after seeing such lovely garments must give it a try.
BeckyMc said... (7/23/08 1:33 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful! You inspire me to get busy on a jacket of my own.
MelissaB in WA said... (7/17/08 0:11 AM) Reply
Very beautiful jacket and the fit is perfect. Lovely Sigrid!
Marji said... (7/14/08 3:20 PM) Reply
Sigrid this turned out fabulously well. You have a gorgeous and timeless jacket that you should be able to wear for years. As always, your construction and your details are impeccable. Thank you for the great job of documenting your process here.
marjenann said... (7/14/08 2:32 PM) Reply
Magnifico!!! -Annette
Mahler said... (7/14/08 11:18 AM) Reply
Oh la la ! This is classy and chic and yet you can wear it with jeans. Prachtig ! Your review is excellent, a real exemple to follow. Thank you for taking the time to write all those informations and take those pictures.
Jane S said... (7/14/08 8:08 AM) Reply
Fabulous jacket, terrific review, a joy to see on you and a mini-tailoring class in your comments.
Fran G said... (7/14/08 6:43 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket, Sigrid!You do beautiful work!
Laurasews said... (7/14/08 0:27 AM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket. And from the picture, I would not have noticed it. This pattern is very flattering to you.
Annette1 said... (7/14/08 0:23 AM) Reply
This jacket is PURE PERFECTION, Sigrid. It fits you beautifully in every respect (I suppose due to that whole muslin thing, huh :O)? I REALLY like your "unofficial" method of doing the FBA. I'm going to try that, too. (Just bookmarked "Sigrid's Boucle Jacket.") Five years old, perhaps, but a true classic NEVER goes out of style. Whenever I'm looking at a stand-up collar, I always look for that curved collar piece just as this jacket has. The collar lays so nicely then. I LOVE THIS! Oh, yeah, and the book looks like a great reference, too. I'd better see if it's on Amazon. :o) Excellent review!
mClones said... (7/13/08 10:21 PM) Reply
Beautiful fit. Excellent jacket.
Squeezylemon said... (7/13/08 6:27 PM) Reply
A stunning jacket! Makes me glad I've kept all my BWOF magazines even though it's tempting to have a clear out now and again!
Sigrid. said... (7/13/08 4:55 PM) Reply
Thank you all for your positive comments. Winifred: I take ca. 4 cm of fusible interfacing that I fuse on the hemline. Upper side cut with pinking shears to avoid a straight line. This is not in the book mentioned, but something I learned long ago. !Comment and review edited to change the word seam to hem! I did not interface all seams. Translation mistake.
nellc said... (7/13/08 4:27 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, and a wonderfully detailed review.
MissCelie said... (7/13/08 4:08 PM) Reply
The *library*?? Sigrid, not only do you have us jealous with your amazing sewing skills, you've got to make us imagine a world where the library carries BWOF?? Lovely jacket. I have this issue and the jacket I want to make is in it too.
Puppy said... (7/13/08 3:46 PM) Reply
Ohhhh! I'm salivating over this. That is a wonderful jacket! It looks like very high end RTW. You do beautiful work. I love the pattern (I'm a fool for mandarin collars) and the fabric is yummy.
Vonnevo said... (7/13/08 3:37 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, Sigrid !
Peggy said... (7/13/08 2:57 PM) Reply
lovely jacket!
Debbie Cook said... (7/13/08 1:24 PM) Reply
Beautiful details and workmanship! The jacket is gorgeous.
Heatherrique said... (7/13/08 1:12 PM) Reply
A classic that never goes out of style! You created such a beautiful and chic jacket! Thanks for a very informative review!
nancy2001 said... (7/13/08 12:52 PM) Reply
Absolutely stunning jacket with beautiful workmanship. I'm going to order a copy of the Singer book.
Charlene McGill said... (7/13/08 12:37 PM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful and fits very well.
Kay Y said... (7/13/08 12:22 PM) Reply
Your jacket is gorgeous! I too constantly refer to the Singer book on tailoring.
leanmeansewingmachine said... (7/13/08 12:01 PM) Reply
Really a beautiful jacket outside and inside!
cindyann said... (7/13/08 11:49 AM) Reply
Exceptional work! That's really lovely fabric.
papago said... (7/13/08 11:13 AM) Reply
Just beautiful on you!!
sewbehind said... (7/13/08 10:57 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, well executed. I agree with you about the BWOF patterns that are classic and timeless. Well done.
Winifred said... (7/13/08 10:44 AM) Reply
Super jacket! You mentioned that you interfaced the seams. Can you explain this technique or is it fusible stay tape?
QuiltersFan said... (7/13/08 10:23 AM) Reply
As always I enjoyed you review and the details you provide. The jacket is lovely. I am a fan of this style of jacket as well.
AnneMarie60 said... (7/13/08 10:14 AM) Reply
Impeccable fit--endless style! Great review that will be most helpful to me and others. You look great in your jacket.

No Pattern Used No Pattern Used

by: AmberSage

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

Paradiso Designs Tiny Handbag Pattern