Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 28763-1000 (baby burial dress)

Reviewed by:quiltsammon

About quiltsammonstar
WA USA
Member since: 3/12/05
Posted on:7/17/08 7:26 PM
Last Updated:7/17/08 7:35 PM
HeyJane said... (7/20/08 6:35 PM) Reply
How very sad for this little child, I am sorry to hear that. Recently I was reading about a local hospital charity, to sew these burial gowns. It happens with much more frequency than I realized! My best to the parents. Thanks for reviewing how you made the dress.
Lily Cat said... (7/19/08 10:03 PM) Reply
Bless you for this act of love to the grieving family. You made a very sweet dress for this dear little child, it looks very pretty.
crystalwoods said... (7/18/08 4:29 PM) Reply
Thanks for the reveiew - what a loving thing to do for a family.
moushka said... (7/18/08 3:53 PM) Reply
It's hard to be reminded that not all pregnancies end in happy births. The dress is darling and I'm sure brought comfort to the poor mom. Thanks for sharing on a very difficult subject.
quiltsammon said... (7/18/08 0:38 AM) Reply
Thank-you. Msladyj- Right before I found out about this baby I wrote a post on the very same thing. We lost a micro preemie 12 years ago. He lived for two days. I wrote a post on what I remember most is the kindness of others, and then it seemed like just a couple of hours later I found out about this baby. While making this little dress I was overwhelmed with feelings of gratitude for those kindnesses that family, friends, and even total strangers gave my husband and me. We've just been so lucky to be surrounded by kind people. PR included!!!!!
nancy2001 said... (7/17/08 10:02 PM) Reply
Very lovely little dress.
SewLil said... (7/17/08 9:11 PM) Reply
It's very sweet.
msladyj said... (7/17/08 8:20 PM) Reply
The gown is very pretty. I remember when I had my still born it was the kind acts of friends and relatives I most remember. Your gown will be one of those fore this family. It is very pretty.

Marfy 2762