Pattern Reviews> Christine Jonson> 917 (Three Tees)

Reviewed by:kellymailinglist

About kellymailinglist
Member since: 2/3/07
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:7/17/08 8:41 PM

chloeE said... (4/6/09 12:18 PM) Reply
thanks for the great review. i haven't tried a christine jonson tee, will give it a whirl.
Athene said... (7/21/08 10:26 PM) Reply
I love your top especially in that fabric print - its so unique.
shesflipped said... (7/20/08 8:15 PM) Reply
Loved your review~I have a few of CJ's patterns, but, haven't tried them yet. Your fabric choice is great! I also really love your ''thingy". I think it gives the top a whole different look. Great Job!
Heatherrique said... (7/19/08 9:24 PM) Reply
I adore this top, Kelly! Groovy!
CypGrl said... (7/19/08 12:39 PM) Reply
I really like your fabric. It looks good with the wrap "thingie", also.
kellymailinglist said... (7/19/08 6:16 AM) Reply
Hi Winifred: The fusible bias tape is called Design Plus, and I believe Lyla J. Messinger makes it (that's LJ Designs) because you can get it at as well as her site Sorry, but I don't think I can add a clickable link in the comments section. Anyway, you can purchase the Super Fine 3/8 inch Fusible Bias at, too (that's where I got it). I didn't realize until I was perusing those other sites that it comes in a wide variety of widths, weights, and in black as well. She also makes a straight fusible tape version. The package includes rather extensive instructions. It's actual fabric tape, not that non-woven type that I think Steam-A-Seam is. That may influence the hand of the fabric after it has been applied, but I'm really not experienced enough with either product to adequately compare them. The Design Plus product is far more substantial than Steam-A-Seam 2 Light, which is the only S-A-S type I've used. The Design Plus did stabilize, but part of it ripped off the fabric around the neckline when I tried it on, because it had *really* stabilized it and made it too small for my head. That's when I went the clear elastic route. To be fair, I didn't follow her directions for neck application, as I'd already gone too far in construction, I believe, to do so. HTH.
Winifred said... (7/18/08 7:27 PM) Reply
This looks lovely on you. I'd love some more info on the fusible bias tape ie who is it made by and who stocks it etc?
kellymailinglist said... (7/18/08 7:01 AM) Reply
Hi Renee: I used the tube belt to kind of blouse up the top, so yes, in a way, the tunic was shorter -- just not permanently!
Renee' S said... (7/17/08 11:25 PM) Reply
I had this pattern in my stash forever, never tried it and finally sold it. Now after seeing your tshirt/tunic, I wish I still had the pattern. Did you shorten the length between pictures? The pic with the tube belt looks much shorter. Both versions look great, very cute top.
okie2thdoc said... (7/17/08 10:10 PM) Reply
I love the fabric. Actually, I like it with the wrap- it is very flattering that way.

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2013-124b