Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Downloadable> 002 (Alison Swimsuit)

Reviewed by:Kitty Couture

Last Updated:7/25/08 5:41 AM

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

Marji said... (8/13/08 8:50 AM) Reply
This is just fabulous, and thank you for all the pics and the detailed review. I'm going to attempt my own version of this, with some variation, but doubt I'll have the courage you do to photograph myself in it.
Kitty Couture said... (7/30/08 4:13 AM) Reply
Wow, thanks ladies... I am truly blown away! Merci !!
Annette1 said... (7/25/08 9:40 PM) Reply
Isabelle, this is the CUTEST, the CLASSIEST, the most GLAMOROUS swimming suit I've seen all season. You're BEAUTIFUL in it. YES, I'm jealous -- ha!
moushka said... (7/25/08 4:36 PM) Reply
Magnifique, ma chère! Tu fais très védette dans un maillot adorable. You look like a movie star. Fantastic job with an iffy pattern. Congratulations on producing such a glamorous swimsuit. I can't imagine how it could look better. Sue
Carolyndh said... (7/25/08 3:08 PM) Reply
I love the way you modeled your designer swim suit! Beautiful style and colors and you have the figure to show it off well!
Dei said... (7/25/08 1:15 PM) Reply
Could you or the suit look any more fabulous! I commend anyone willing to post a pic of themselves on the web and you have done it with elegance and style. The suit is so flattering and your care in construction shows.
Christina Sonja said... (7/25/08 11:31 AM) Reply
Oh this look soooo good! Now I want one too.
Cowtown Karen said... (7/25/08 10:01 AM) Reply
Beautiful swimsuit. You did an aweome job!
Tiner W said... (7/25/08 9:26 AM) Reply
Wow! I love your suit! It is truly glamorous!
nellc said... (7/25/08 7:59 AM) Reply
Fabulous swimsuit, I love the retro styling it looks so glamorous.
Karen8320 said... (7/25/08 6:59 AM) Reply
Isabelle, you look so glamorous in this swimsuit! What a fabulous job you've done with this pattern and big thumbs up to you as well for modelling the finished suit. I'm really, really impressed by everything you've done here and impressed as well that you make almost everything you wear. Great stuff!!!
merteuil said... (7/25/08 2:42 AM) Reply
Beautiful swimsuit and great review!
SusiM said... (7/25/08 0:15 AM) Reply
Great looking suit!! And thank you so much for all the tips about the pattern. I am definitely going to try this one.
Cre8tv said... (7/24/08 11:23 PM) Reply
Very cute and how nice to modify to your liking! Very vintage and unique!
Athene said... (7/24/08 7:43 PM) Reply
You look lovely - this suit has such a nice vintage look to it.
tourist said... (7/24/08 2:12 PM) Reply
Funny - I was just contemplating taking apart and old favourite suit to make a new one and up popped your review, which looks very much like the suit I have! I'm not entirely sure I am ready for such a challenge, but it is great to see it is possible. Thanks!
KrystalL said... (7/24/08 1:57 PM) Reply
Oh my goodness, what a great looking suit! You look gorgeous and ready to hit the beach!
Lori V said... (7/24/08 1:54 PM) Reply
This looks fantastic on you. It is a great suit and thanks for all the information.
Arbicuswoo said... (7/24/08 1:21 PM) Reply
Another winner, Isabelle! It's so cute and stylish!
Twinset said... (7/24/08 12:29 PM) Reply
Oh la la! You created such a unique and wonderful bathing suit that is really flattering! Impressive!
michellep74 said... (7/24/08 11:51 AM) Reply
Wow! You look so glamorous in this! What a fabulous swim suit!
Rita K said... (7/24/08 11:42 AM) Reply
Looks great on you. Love your fabric & the use of it for style interest. Well done!
piffle said... (7/24/08 11:34 AM) Reply
Wow! This is fantastic!
TrixieD said... (7/24/08 11:26 AM) Reply
Wonderful. I'll check the blog or here for detailed instructions. Your work is terrific and I'm inspired to try my luck with this Burda pattern for swimwear, since nothing I've tried on makes me want to go to the beach. Y
Anabolina said... (7/24/08 11:23 AM) Reply
Awesome. I so want this now.
Amanda S. said... (7/24/08 10:43 AM) Reply
Great suit! I have the same goal as you, to make everything I wear except for underwear and leatherwear.
squirrellypoo said... (7/24/08 10:12 AM) Reply
Fabulous retro suit, Isabelle!! I love this on you (and you've solved the "photos in a swimsuit?" issue perfectly!)! Thanks for the honest opinion about the instructions. I think BurdaStyle really need to separate the patterns that are reprints made in Germany (good instructions and sanity-checked pieces) and the ones made in New York, which seem to be just uploaded on a whim, despite the professional looking photoshoots...
LauraLo said... (7/24/08 10:07 AM) Reply
This is purely gorgeous, Isabelle ma belle et tu es splendide!
Karen6790 said... (7/24/08 9:42 AM) Reply
This is just fabulous. I love the vintage aspect of it, and the way you played with the stripes. It looks great on you, so yes, if you can make a bathing suit that looks and fits that good, you can make just about anything.
AnneMarie60 said... (7/24/08 9:36 AM) Reply
Wow! This suit suits you perfectly! Your subtle changes and fabric choice make this swimsuit the most stylish I have ever seen! I was viewing the pattern yesterday, but I feared I'd get lost without adequate instructions. I'll download the pattern and wait for your instructions to be posted on your blog, but I wouldn't mind if you posted them on this PR review, too. Thanks for taking on this project; you're a dear for doing so.
nicegirl said... (7/24/08 9:35 AM) Reply
Oh my goodness that is TOO cute! I love that you added binding on the legs. The lower leg definitely adds to the vintage feel and makes me like the suit so much more.
gatorgirl4325 said... (7/24/08 9:29 AM) Reply
Oh, my goodness! You look so sophisticated in your suit! I would have never thought to add bindings to the legs to make them longer. Brilliant!
dbsewer said... (7/24/08 9:29 AM) Reply
Isabelle this suit looks absolutely adorable on you. You look like you just stepped off the runway and are headed to the Riviera. Great job. Salut.
MissCelie said... (7/24/08 9:01 AM) Reply
I love what you did with the leg bindings. I saw something quite similar at Urban Outfitters recently and it adds such nice punch. You suit looks too good to get wet!
Kay Y said... (7/24/08 8:51 AM) Reply
This looks EXTREMELY cute on you! Congrats on proving to yourself you can sew anything (and make it not only work but look great).