Mood Fabrics

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
Available for sale on PR: $6.71 $8.95 Pattern Details
Available for sale on PR: $6.71 $8.95 Pattern Details
Nancy K said... (6/21/06 7:19 AM) Reply
The top is lovely and I am envious. I have been sewing for years, but knits continue to come off looking very homemade. I just trashed a top out of expensive rayon lycra even after I made a chep muslin. The neck was so stretched out from just turning and top stitching that I vowed to never do that again!
Deepika said... (11/20/02 7:25 PM) Reply
Eli KS books sounds like THE PERFECT GIFT! I agree about independent patterns being expensive and all. You might still want to throw the burdas even with the ks book. That way she will atleast know where to start.
e_e_thomas said... (11/20/02 7:21 PM) Reply
Maybe I should just get her the new Kwik Sew book ....
e_e_thomas said... (11/20/02 5:02 PM) Reply
Have you tried Christine Johnson's Basewear Two? That might work well to provide a skirt, and the independent pattern companies are supposed to have very clear instructions. The only thing that worries me is that CJ's pattern seem very specifically designed for her expensive fabric ($18/yd!)
Deepika said... (11/20/02 12:29 PM) Reply
hi Elizabeth. What a nice thing to give as a christmas present. Yes definitely this and burda 3216 (one seam pants) with a textile studio basic dress maybe. All you need is a simple pull on skirt pattern to complete the wardrobe basics. Might want to look into Kwik Sew for that. That way whoever you are giving this to will get a 'flavor' of different pattern companies also.
e_e_thomas said... (11/20/02 12:22 PM) Reply
Do you think this would be a good first pattern? I'm putting together a "New Sewer's Sewing Kit" as a Christmas present, and thought of including this pattern ....
said... (4/12/02 5:02 PM) Reply
Thanks Tessa, I used a fabric with a lot of stretch that is why its so loose. Next time I want to try it in a fabric with a less stretchier fabric.
said... (4/12/02 4:56 PM) Reply
I have made a lot of t-shirts and I'm really impressed with the way this one looks on. Better than the pattern envelope!you
said... (3/8/02 0:33 AM) Reply
Thanks Sue, not as good as yours though. I want to learn how to do the bound neckline like you did on yours.
said... (3/8/02 0:25 AM) Reply
Very cute top, D, you did a great job!!
said... (3/8/02 0:00 AM) Reply
Deepika, your top is beautiful! That fabric is really pretty, too!
said... (3/7/02 5:41 PM) Reply
Your top looks great! Try reducing the seam allowances on the armscye and sleeve cap to 1/4", the sleeve will go in very easily then.
said... (3/7/02 3:17 PM) Reply
That is such a cute top! Do your measurements match up with the Burda sizing chart? Or are they off kilter like the big 4? The fit looks really good, and that had to be a really fast top.
said... (3/7/02 1:14 PM) Reply
The fit looks perfect. I have been meaning to try this patern too. I use a turned under hem like this for most neck edges on knits. The bound edge is nice too, but I like it best in fine gauge knits.
said... (3/7/02 11:36 AM) Reply
Very cute! I may have to start adding to my stash of Burda patterns!
said... (3/7/02 10:32 AM) Reply
chocobar, ideally I should have used the double stitching using the twin needle, but I was too lazy to do that, so I just used the zigzag stitch (2.5mm lenghth, .5mmwidth). I turned 5/8" under. In the velour fabric, because of the structure of the fabric itself, the stitching does not even show so its looks very neat.
said... (3/7/02 7:57 AM) Reply
Just curious, but how much did you turn under on the neckline, and what stitch did you use? It looks great, by the way!

Understanding Knit Fabrics