Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3563 (Easy-to-Sew Jackets)

Reviewed by:Nancy Anne

About Nancy Annestar
TX USA
Member since: 11/26/04
Posted on:8/4/08 7:21 PM
Last Updated:8/14/08 10:28 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
AnneM said... (7/14/09 4:45 PM) Reply
Very pretty in your fabric. Looks great. Sleeves are in-range. :)
Winifred said... (8/17/08 6:54 PM) Reply
Oh I love this jacket - so beautifully made and the fabric is to die for. Must get this pattern - can think of two pieces in my stash that might be right.
Sew4Fun said... (8/15/08 5:05 AM) Reply
Nice jacket! I would never have thought to use suedecloth for this pattern but it looks great.
DorothyK said... (8/6/08 12:04 PM) Reply
Wow. I love your jacket. The suede cloth is perfect. I never paid much attention to this pattern, but it's now on my wish list. Thanks for the helpful review. I will definitely refer to it when I try the pattern.
Nancy Anne said... (8/6/08 11:12 AM) Reply
Chemmom- in case you look at this again, no, I didn't have any issue keeping the tucks strait. I pin-marked them at the top and the bottom, then used a yardstick to line the pins up, and drew a conecting line with chalk. Then I pinned at top and bottom, matching the lines for the pintuck, and followed the chalk line on the up side for stitching. Make sense?
appleton78 said... (8/6/08 9:56 AM) Reply
Simply Beautiful!!! You look great and so does your jacket....so rich! Congrats and thanks for this review!
chemmom said... (8/6/08 9:26 AM) Reply
I made this in black fleece and just love the results. (Fleece is very forgiving as the stitches disappear into the fabric). Did you have difficulty keeping the pin tucks parallel on this fabric?
Heatherrique said... (8/6/08 8:04 AM) Reply
Stunning jacket! Beautifully constructed! Thanks for your timely review!
Athene said... (8/5/08 10:20 PM) Reply
Great jacket - thank you for the review - I have the pattern, and I actually have the same fabric stashed in a light tan color. After seeing your results I may be tempted to make one up for the Fall.
lostinvegas0 said... (8/5/08 10:03 PM) Reply
I gota have one. Fantastic fabric.
CurlyCrafter said... (8/5/08 11:28 AM) Reply
How lovely! What a wonderful jacket this will be for fall!
michellep74 said... (8/5/08 10:52 AM) Reply
Very pretty jacket! I've used suedecloth for skirts...I've never thought to use it for a jacket. Thanks for the idea!
Danvillegirl said... (8/5/08 6:57 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket!
Karen8320 said... (8/4/08 9:27 PM) Reply
Nancy, what a superb job you've done with this! A really, really impressive jacket that looks SO much better than the picture on the pattern envelope. I love everything you've done with this - the choice of fabric, the satin collar and the button loops. Very well done!
RMJ said... (8/4/08 9:25 PM) Reply
Love your use of suedecloth with the shinier trim, buttons and cording. I have this jacket pattern and you've inspired me to move it closer to the top of my list!
sewtime said... (8/4/08 8:48 PM) Reply
I love,love this jacket! The suede cloth was the perfect choice, and the sleeves look great. You did an excellent job! Be proud of yourself!
Mahogany Stylist said... (8/4/08 8:16 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket, Nancy. Great choice in fabric.
Kaitlinnegan said... (8/4/08 7:33 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket! I often forget about suedecloth when I'm thinking of fabrics I want to use - it does sew really nicely. Thanks so much for your review of this pattern - always nice to see great results from an easy pattern. :)

HotPatterns 1173