Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants
Burda 7018 - Denim Jacket.">Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8501 (Tunic)

Reviewed by:EveS

About EveSstarstarstarstar
MI USA
Member since: 11/26/06
Posted on:8/14/08 3:21 PM

See other patterns in this category: Easy to Sew    Tops
Rebecca H said... (9/7/09 10:25 AM) Reply
I have this pattern on my sewing desk, and every time I see it, I think "I really have to make this!" It looks comfy but also stylish. Power to the people!
arfeuse said... (1/30/09 8:35 AM) Reply
thanks for the great review. I will be doing this asap. I also heart stay-stitching. Also, how do people ever manage without a loop turner?! I think they should be included in notions sections for all relevant patterns, otherwise at 1am when you're thinking "ok another ten minutes and I can finish this", you'll then spend 30 mins trying to turn yr straps over a circular knitting needle, failing miserably and going to bed swearing and annoyed. :-D
Vintage Joan said... (12/17/08 12:07 PM) Reply
Great tunic! I'm not sure about "doing the work of a paid writer," though -- I think these days cutting and pasting from a list is the preferred method of instruction writing. :b
Cady said... (8/21/08 1:36 PM) Reply
How cute, it's looks so comfy, I love the sleeves!!
leapyfrog said... (8/15/08 7:55 PM) Reply
Eve, This looks fabulous on you, and I am so pleased you found something that doesn't look like a bag, like tunics tend to be. Thanks for the review!
Marji said... (8/15/08 12:47 PM) Reply
Great Great review Eve. ;) Entertaining and enlightening. I can't wait for you to review a really intricate challenging project. Oh, sounds like you've got a gem of a store there too. You know, you've almost convinced me to make this top!
gatorgirl4325 said... (8/15/08 10:57 AM) Reply
That is a fantastic looking tunic! It has great shape - the fabric is lovely!
Sew4Fun said... (8/15/08 4:52 AM) Reply
Great tunic! I like your fabric choice and the shaping in the pattern is perfect, as Burda does so well.
cathy45 said... (8/14/08 11:40 PM) Reply
Too cute!
Karen8320 said... (8/14/08 9:45 PM) Reply
Lovely work, Eve. This looks terrific on you. I always worry about tunics looking like potato sacks, but I think yours has just the right amount of shaping and, yes, they are a cut above the standard T-shirt. I love it!
cindy-lou said... (8/14/08 8:16 PM) Reply
Oh Evie, you've done it again. I laughed, I cried, and I added this pattern to my must-have list-- all because of you. The tears were because I'm not as much of a perfectionist as you are, and wish I were. The must-have designation is because your tunic is GREAT, and your review makes me just drool to have this pattern in my stash for some lonely midnight (not that I ever get the must-sews either... ;) ) -- thanks for another great review!
Natasha B said... (8/14/08 7:40 PM) Reply
Your tunic is great - I think the fabric is gorgeous (voile is pretty much my all time favourite). Thanks for the cuff detail - I think that's a much better way of doing the cuff and your photo showed the fabric as well.
jent said... (8/14/08 6:07 PM) Reply
I love the more fitted shape of this tunic and your fabric is so pretty! Thanks for the info on The Fabric Gallery - it's only about an hour away - I think I could be in trouble!
stitcheroo said... (8/14/08 5:30 PM) Reply
I don't think it looks boho or hippie. It's lovely. It feels airy and bright.
carolw said... (8/14/08 5:07 PM) Reply
Very sweet tunic, I find that one of the few companies that give neck staystitching instructions is New Look, I've made a few of their tops with bias binding at the neck.
Mufffet said... (8/14/08 4:58 PM) Reply
Lovely! :)
Ann from Maryland said... (8/14/08 4:26 PM) Reply
Terrific review, and terrific tunic! This makes me want to try a Burda pattern. I usually would shy away from a tunic because they are too loose, but I love the shaping on this one. Thanks for posting!
Twinset said... (8/14/08 4:15 PM) Reply
Eve, your tunic is beautiful - relaxed yet elegant - and so is the fabric (very interesting details about it); and this lady at the store really knows what good customer service is! Thanks for the great review, and I think I'll put this pattern on my list (how come I didn't notice it??)
shesflipped said... (8/14/08 4:07 PM) Reply
I love that this tunic is semi-fitted, how cool is that?! The fabric is fantastic! Great looking top!
shesflipped said... (8/14/08 4:07 PM) Reply
Flying Seamstress said... (8/14/08 3:58 PM) Reply
You never disappoint ~ another lovely garment AND a great review!
sewtime said... (8/14/08 3:46 PM) Reply
Love your blouse, and loved your review!
annie11 said... (8/14/08 3:34 PM) Reply
That looks very cool and comfy! I'm sure that you'll love wearing this one. Thanks for the great review!
carolynw said... (8/14/08 3:27 PM) Reply
I love this - must get the pattern - you are right - this tunic does add a bit more shape than many others. Great review - funny too!!

All About Linings