Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 05-2008-108 (Skirt)

Reviewed by:suesmith

About suesmithstar
IN USA
Member since: 1/1/08
Posted on:8/24/08 1:34 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
Danvillegirl said... (8/26/08 9:19 PM) Reply
Like the striped fabric for this skirt.
Lisa Laree said... (8/26/08 9:10 AM) Reply
This pattern has intrigued me as well; good to know there are options in dealing with the pouf factor. I love the striped fabric...that really highlights the design elements! (and I have some black and white stripe in the stash...)
Marji said... (8/25/08 9:04 AM) Reply
it's very pretty - love the way the stripe accentuates the movement of the grainline.
Ciclista said... (8/25/08 9:02 AM) Reply
Very striking. I'm glad you perservered in light of the other reviews; as I love your skirt and now one to give this one a try.
HLT said... (8/24/08 10:22 PM) Reply
Very nice skirt. Love how the pinstripes merge. Looks couture & classic at the same time. Great job!
Karen6790 said... (8/24/08 9:53 PM) Reply
I love the effect the striped fabric gives with the pleats, though I agree that making it in a solid would show off the design. Nothing wrong with making two of a good pattern - I'm guilty of that myself. Now I need to pull out my May issue and look at this pattern again. Thanks for the review.
CurlyCrafter said... (8/24/08 9:52 PM) Reply
I love that skirt - so fabulous!
Speech girl said... (8/24/08 5:19 PM) Reply
I love the stripes--really a fabulous skirt.
Beek said... (8/24/08 4:44 PM) Reply
Love this skirt. How clever of you to emphasis the drape with a striped fabric. Good job!
Seaspur said... (8/24/08 4:12 PM) Reply
Love the stripes!
Mahler said... (8/24/08 1:17 PM) Reply
I love, love, love the final result. I would love to see a picture of you wearing it.
Catbird said... (8/24/08 1:07 PM) Reply
I love the way this looks with the stripes. It reminds me of 1940s styling, which I think was one of our best fashion decades! Great job.
Sigrid. said... (8/24/08 12:07 PM) Reply
Good pattern for this fabric with stripes. Nice skirt.
Izzie said... (8/24/08 11:29 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I love the stripes.
Frogstitcher said... (8/24/08 10:23 AM) Reply
Great skirt, good choice of fabric. The pinstripes are very effective in this design.
Kellie R. said... (8/24/08 9:59 AM) Reply
Wow! This is a great skirt! Good for you for giving it a try despite issues others had... your results are great. The stripes really highlight the skirt's design.
Natasha B said... (8/24/08 5:12 AM) Reply
I loved this skirt and was disapointed to see the previous reviews. I love your version and may still try to work up the courage to have a go! Yours looks great!
figtree said... (8/24/08 4:09 AM) Reply
Hi, I saw this as a pin stripe and I'm so glad to see it made up that way. I also thought maybe stitching down the folds would work, glad to see it did, I might just have to give it a try! Thank you!
Terri A said... (8/24/08 2:05 AM) Reply