Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5302 (City Dress)

Reviewed by:Diane E

About Diane Estarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:3/11/02 7:21 PM

CarolynGM said... (8/25/03 8:48 PM) Reply
Hey thanks for fixing the photo link -- the dress is gorgeous. I was trying to decide between ordering the Provence dress or the City dress, and I think this review has helped me make up my mind!
Diane E said... (8/25/03 9:38 AM) Reply
Irina, I hope I've fixed the photo link now. Sabrina, I missed your comment and question! I am lucky to have two wonderful fabric stores (too) close to my home: Poppy Fabric in Oakland, CA and Stone Mtn. and Daughter in Berkeley, CA. Both carry interesting rayon knits from time to time. And, as a total fabric junkie, I also subscribe to Christine Jonson's wonderful newsletter/fabric service and she carries utterly luscious rayon knits. This particular one came from Poppy.
CarolynGM said... (8/24/03 4:03 PM) Reply
The link to the photo didn't work for me. Can you check?
Lisette said... (6/5/03 2:20 PM) Reply
Diane, I love your dress and choice of fabric. Can you recommend a good source for rayon knits? Thanks
said... (7/22/02 12:32 PM) Reply
I've been debating about this pattern for a while, afraid the dropped waist might make me look dumpy....it looks beautiful, and I'm going to make it this week!
said... (6/27/02 7:11 PM) Reply
I am cutting out my City Dress today...I may use the bias trim idea; still thinking on it. Thanks for the review, Diane!
said... (5/11/02 0:29 AM) Reply
This dress looks so good. I think it would look good on me, but my quick perusal of JoAnns and Hancock showed no prospects. I love your comparison of the two dresses. Please review how the linen dress comes out when you make it.
said... (3/12/02 3:26 PM) Reply
Diane, your dress is beautiful! That fabric is really wonderful, and your review is great. Did I mention that I love the fabric you chose!
said... (3/12/02 10:56 AM) Reply
You do beautiful work! Please keep reviewing.
said... (3/12/02 10:14 AM) Reply
Diane, LH should use your dress on the pattern envelope - it is beautiful!
said... (3/11/02 9:27 PM) Reply
Hi, Deepika, I figured out the problem: the URL has too many characters and doesn't fit. Is there any way to increase the field size without causing too many problems?
said... (3/11/02 7:40 PM) Reply
Diane, very well written review! The photo link does not work. Can you check that please?

Sew Liberated Huck Finn Cap