Pattern Reviews> Other> WhiteWork Quilt (Some Templates: Diana Hill)

Reviewed by:Terri A

About Terri Astarstarstarstar
Member since: 1/16/08

Posted on:9/26/08 9:04 PM
Last Updated:9/30/08 6:18 PM

Marji said... (10/2/08 5:11 PM) Reply
Beautiful!
Annette1 said... (10/1/08 11:19 PM) Reply
Well, knowing diddly-squat about quilting, I found this whole process so intriguing, and I really appreciate you taking us through it (complete with pictures). I LOVE your finished quilt! :o)
Terri A said... (10/1/08 3:49 PM) Reply
Anyone can do it! You can you can! :-)
Jacqui315 said... (10/1/08 10:30 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! Your review is inspiring (and detailed) enough to make me think I could make one. =)
carolynw said... (10/1/08 9:43 AM) Reply
Very beautiful - I so admire your work on this
Mufffet said... (9/28/08 8:44 PM) Reply
This is just gorgeous. All that work. I admire your tenacity, patience and cleverness. This is a work of art.
Peggym said... (9/28/08 5:00 AM) Reply
What a wonderful review. I have been thinking of doing this sort of thing for a long time ao have kept you info to help me along. Well done.
Terri A said... (9/28/08 2:15 AM) Reply
I know this isn't the type of thing many PR members do, and I myself am not a quilter per se. However, I really love giving these for gifts. There is something about the form and the white on white that just appeals to me on an artistic level, I guess. Oh, I wanted to mention this is NOT a time consuming or hard quilt to do. It really isn't. It just looks that way:-) Which is part of its appeal! I worked on it off and on for about a week at most. Anyone can do this. Thanks again for everyone's kind comments!:-)
Mary Stiefer said... (9/27/08 11:02 PM) Reply
Beautifully done and I'm sure all the quilters will appreciate your tips about doing this type of quilt.
Zegi said... (9/27/08 1:16 PM) Reply
Beautiful quilt! You did a terrific job.
malrene said... (9/27/08 1:01 PM) Reply
Absolutely stunning. I'd love to see some close-up pictures. What wonderful gifts to give.
Heatherrique said... (9/27/08 12:58 PM) Reply
Breatakingly beautiful, Terri! You are inspiring even us non-quilters to give this a try!
Peggy L said... (9/27/08 8:27 AM) Reply
Beautiful and a great review.
ChristineBR said... (9/27/08 7:34 AM) Reply
Very helpful review. Thank you.
Woolygal said... (9/27/08 7:04 AM) Reply
a monumental task
wendlesue said... (9/26/08 11:06 PM) Reply
Wonderful review. I so wish I had time to try this! I will have to file the idea away for now, but thanks so much for the great info, and your quilt is lovely!
emmyhonan said... (9/26/08 9:23 PM) Reply
Extremely informative and well written. Your quilt is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your experiences. Mary Ellen
Miss Fairchild said... (9/20/08 5:04 PM) Reply
It's great to see quilt reviews here on PR, and yours was most helpful. I've been thinking of this technique for some time and now that you've spelled it out in detail, I'm more motivated to try it. Now, if I can get me a scanner....
LorelleD said... (9/19/08 9:09 PM) Reply
This is a good idea. Thankyou for your very informative review and sharing your idea. I think with christmas just around the corner this would make a lovely gift.
Terri A said... (9/19/08 4:48 PM) Reply
Oh wow - thanks, you are welcome. I think everyone should try this quilt because it makes you feel so great. Everyone wants one for a gift after they see it. Also, no piecing or corners to match up!!!! yay!
trishapatk said... (9/19/08 12:29 PM) Reply
This is a great review and I am sure that your quilts are wonderful. The only type of quilting I can ever see myself doing is this white work type so it is especially helpful to read about your methods. I really look forward to seeing more pictures. Thanks for putting up so much good info already.

by: Tonia Van ...