Pattern Reviews> Revisions> 100 (Torii Collection)

Reviewed by:Shona

About Shonastar
Member since: 11/9/02
Posted on:8/15/03 4:53 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 23 people

Vesta Patterns

10Ksteps said... (9/11/05 10:35 PM) Reply
Excellent, complete review. I love Diane's and Lois's designs, but I can see that they are not good at all things. Thanks.
Barbie said... (9/1/05 7:35 AM) Reply
I own the pattern but have never made it up, and may never after reading of your difficulties. It seems as if a lot of extra effort was needed to modify the pattern and construction in order to compensate for a non draping fabric. I like the look of Diane's patterns, but they all have problems. She should just design and leave the instructions to others. Those instructions need to be specific about which fabrics work best too.
CycleGal said... (8/18/03 2:32 PM) Reply
Shona, thanks for the review, it is a lovely top. I just finished the revisions java jacket, and those instructions can be a nightmare, I ended up just constructing the garment as I thought would work best!
Teri said... (8/17/03 4:11 PM) Reply
Thanks for the detailed review. I have one of her patterns, but it was written with David Coffin (sp?). I haven't tried it yet, shame, shame! but I will soon.
Modiste Madness said... (8/16/03 10:31 AM) Reply
Thanks for you in depth review. We need to stick together with the Ericson's patterns. They are unique and stimulate our cretivity but the construction is always a learning experience.
Ann Smith said... (8/16/03 2:00 AM) Reply
Thanks for an excellant review. I have this pattern and other Revisions patterns that I'm am now leery of due to repeated negative reviews. Your suggestions are very helpful.
AnneM said... (8/15/03 7:28 PM) Reply
Very thorough review. This is definitely not a pattern I'm ready for yet. I love how your outfit co-ordinates; great job.
Debbie Lancaster said... (8/15/03 7:27 PM) Reply
It looks like it turned out beautifully, so the work was worth it. I love the coordinating orange top and teal skirt with it.
Sherril Miller said... (8/15/03 6:51 PM) Reply
Thanks for the mini novel. It sounds like since I have a pattern I like just as much, I will probably skip this one.
Tee Jay said... (8/15/03 5:37 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for this review. I'm a sewist returning to garments and I bought this pattern a year ago. I'd get out the instructions and just get lost, put it up and try reading again a month or so later. Never did make it. I always blamed myself for being confused. Now I know if anything, it needs to wait till I'm more accomplished. Thank you again. On the other hand, I've had very good luck with independent designers who are known for their clear directions.

SewBaby Petal Jacket Pattern