Pattern Reviews> Style> 2981 (5 skirts in one pack)

Reviewed by:katharin

About katharinstar
NA JAPAN
Member since: 7/31/02
Posted on:8/15/03 10:44 PM
Last Updated:8/15/03 10:52 PM
Mariko said... (8/16/03 11:22 AM) Reply
Katharin, even if that was not a skirt, I had the same kind of experience in Simplicty pattern (too big). I wanted to sew a skirt with a unique hemline like this, too, but I am with you, I would probably stick with the basic pattern I have alread had. In spite of what you said, the skirt still looks nice on you. Also, I did not know you are from Japan! I realized this time because of the yellow sign behind you (smile).
Mini said... (8/16/03 8:51 AM) Reply
It's always a good idea to measure the pattern pieces in advance. Some of my Simplicity patterns have finished garment measurements printed on the pattern pieces, giving finished waist, hip and hem measurements. Your pattern may have them as well. then you can compare your pattern to the Vogue skirt that fits well and make adjustments. Simplicity, Vogue and McCall's are similar but not identical in fit, so you do need to meaure and compare before cutting anything out. You might also find Simlicity's website helpful. They have a good Fit Tips section on choosing sizes and making pattern adjustments.
AnneM said... (8/16/03 8:24 AM) Reply
Oh, if you don't like it - just slip that into the mail & send it over here. ;) Although you might not be thrilled with the pattern, you did a good job & it looks very nice. I adore the fabric. I will have to look at some of the Vogue skirt patterns to compare the fit.
Enid E said... (8/16/03 8:07 AM) Reply
I think the skirt fits you well and it is nice that no alterations were needed.
Pam Z said... (8/15/03 11:41 PM) Reply
I'm sorry you didn't like the fit, but it looks very nice to me.

by: beastella